PDA

View Full Version : rod broken?

cuzzamundi
09-10-2004, 06:10 PM
g'day all,

snapped my rod at the second top ring other night. just wondering if they can be reglued or something to fiz them. thanks heaps!

cuzza

agnes_jack
10-10-2004, 10:36 AM
Mate, there is not a lot you can do with a rod that has been broken like that. :'(
If it could be fixed, you would lose the action of the rod and change it(for the worse)
completely. About all you can do is stick another tip on it and use it for a stump puller or similar.

Regards, Tony :'( :'( :'(

Brenno
12-10-2004, 06:56 AM
so if you brake a rob, your up the creek and out of pocket as well?

in what way would the warranty come into effect?

littlejim
12-10-2004, 07:39 AM
Cuzza,

I broke one of my smaller rods several years ago, up towards the tip. The tackle shop was able to repair it. Ended up with a bulgy bit of f/g either side of the break, obviously affects the action for the purists, but have been able to use the rod with no problems ever since.
Cheaper than replacing the rod.
Slamming car doors should be banned!

agnes_jack
12-10-2004, 07:58 AM
Brenno
The warranty would only come into effect if the rod was shown to have a defect in materials or workmanship. It would also have to be within the warranty period.
Most rods are broken by ---stepping on them in the tinny, shutting in car door or boot, using the rod to snap off a snag, or ceiling fans in motel rooms. none of these are covered by warranty.

Regards, Tony ;)

beefaman
12-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Yup, fans kill rods ;)

banshee
12-10-2004, 07:51 PM
Some rods carry an unconditional warranty where if it breaks within a certain time frame the rod is replaced for a nominal fee,for example the strudwick rep told us that if you were to snap a sicstic pro over your knee in front of him you could have another for $90.....yeah right I thought,then last week a young bloke came in with a sicstic he bought in nerang,he'd snaped the first foot of it in the boot of his car before it was used,we told him what the rep said,he contacted the store in nerang where they laughed at him,we gave him the contact number and he will have a new one waiting for him when he gets to Hinchinbrook at the end of this week.This offer is good for the first 3 months of the rods life,I think Loomis also have something similar but I'm not sure.

raefpud
12-10-2004, 07:56 PM
loomis have a lifetime warranty , its called an expeditor warranty - again you stick it in a blender or use it as a javelin and if it snaps all u have too do is take it back to a loomis dealer with $120 odd and they will replace it for you - all you need is the butt section of the rod with the gloomis logo on it

Brenno
13-10-2004, 11:38 AM
would the company that make Stealth Pacific Composite rods offer the same deal?

in case you haven't worked it out i broke mine on the weekend, it's a little over a month old.

Mark

cooky
20-10-2004, 06:08 AM
My live fibre broke in a similar spot - i took it back to shop and they called the factory (or live fibre people) - they asked for rod type and when the shop told them they said "give him another one, we had a faulty batch" of blanks.

agnes_jack
20-10-2004, 08:27 AM
Wilsons are always very good when it comes to that sort of thing, always happy to replace a rod for a legitamate claim.

Tony

Volvo
20-10-2004, 12:15 PM
Wrong area :-[..