PDA

View Full Version : TSS4 MONO TO BRAIDE

jimbo59
08-01-2005, 12:14 PM
ive always been amono man but after reading some older topics on braide v mono iwill get rid of my 20 lb sun line and try braide give me your thoughts on the braide you fellas[smiley=help.gif]

NeilD
08-01-2005, 01:08 PM
My TSS4 works great with 14lb Fireline and 2m of 15kg leader. I am thinking of dropping the leader length down as at times the leader knot catches.

Neil

webby
08-01-2005, 01:34 PM
Mate you'll get those that'll say stay with mono, but i run braid on both my tss4's and for casting distance or even jigging beacons braid just comes off the spool quicker.
If running a leader, just double the braid 60-70cm first, then use a albright to attach the mono leader, and i super glue the knots, which makes it run through the guides smoother.
regards

Cheech
08-01-2005, 05:50 PM
Horse, I run about 3m of leader for that extra bit of stretch. If you are planning on shortening it so you are casting it past the runners, you will have to go really short.

Another good thing about braid is that it lasts years. Probably works out cheper than mono as the only thing you go through is leader material.

You didn't say if the catching was on retrieve or casting. The knot type will be better one way depending which end the tag comes out.

I recently learnt how to tie a bimini twist so have been using that with a braid leader knot as recommended by Jeff Wilson. This knot is really thin, but be warned, unless you pull like buggery when tightening the knot, it can slip. Seems to work better with about 10 turns instead of 6. Mark (Sea-Saw) recommended the extra turns.

Cheech

billfisher
09-01-2005, 04:16 AM
I have heard that it not good idea to supa glue knots. A knot is supposed to flex and stretch and applying glue stops this.