PDA

View Full Version : Stuck Two Piece Rod???

team_mongo
09-02-2005, 03:46 PM
Guy's,
I've got a two piece popping rod that was a two piece, but now is firmly stuck together. Its a blank into a handle type of setup. I've tried two guy holding and twisting but no go.

Any ideas??

Cheers
George

Dr_Dan
09-02-2005, 05:29 PM
Don't kknow how to get the rod undone, but with my two piece rods, a little talc powder before putting them together helps. Drys any moisture that may be in there, and makes pulling them apart much easier.

blaze
09-02-2005, 05:59 PM
Try Putting hot water on it, works with tops on jars.
surely fibaglass has some expansion, might be small, cant hurt to try. Failing that, try a hacksaw
cheers
blaze

Zeeke
09-02-2005, 09:06 PM
oooooooo
tough one ;)

Stuck rods is the evil part alot of lure and flyfishos have..

Graphite rods are alot like metal and such, it expands when heated... thats why metal lids come off easy on glass jars.. the metal expands... the top way of undoing stuck rods is to pour the coldest water you can over the section and past it and make sure its really cold, then with a firm grip on the blank.. not using any of the guides, slowly but slightly twist the rod while applying pressure to pull it apart

Hope that helps

Tim

Tony_N
10-02-2005, 02:52 AM
If this stupid - I'm sure as always someone will pick me up on it. But if all else fails (except Blaze's suggestion of the hacksaw) I'd be using WD40. Might take a couple of days of squirting to get enough seeping all the way down there, but it will penetrate eventually. Might present a problem later in keeping the two pieces firmly together??