PDA

View Full Version : Fireline 14lb Hi Vis Pink

deb
21-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Hi Vis Pink, you beauty!
"Smoother than ever" nuh, still kinks, holds the kink tight
"Resists Fraying" didn't last long enough on the spool to find out
"Longer Lasting Color" ....... Yes!! on your hands!!!!
What a load crap this is, if you want attractive bright pink hands for day, with a long last colour that won't wash off with aniseed soap in salt water, or even, regular soap at home :o Noooo nooo, off to the shed to get some kero on a rag and then and only then, does the crap come off >:(

Back to the regular flat gray.

Scott15
21-03-2005, 12:40 PM
ive got pink fireline. but ive never noticed it comming off on my hands. ive only noticed that it fades.

Scott

aquarius
21-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Gee Dreamdays you sure got into a mess with that stuff. ;D
Yes the pink colour does wear off in time but never had it all over my hands..lol
All my reels are spooled up with hi vis pink fireline and never had a problem apart from the colour fading.
I think you will find the 4 and 6 lb line easier to manage.
For heavier line its better to go to the top shelf stuff like bionic braid etc but it will cost big bucks.
Cheers Brent :D

basserman
21-03-2005, 12:57 PM
hi i run
hi vis yellow for all my 4lb gear
hi vis pink for all my 6lb gear
and smoke for 10lb
yeh the yellow and pink does fade abit but never had it that bad and as for tangles well the key is first not to get them and then if you do just to tug at a few of the loops and that has always seen them come out for 90% of mine
only a small amount of times have i had it snap and even then if it is a fair way down i will just cut the knotted section off and rejoin useing a double uni knot ;D

beefaman
22-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Hi Vis pink in 6lb and Yellow in 4lb ;D It does come off a bit, and certainly fades, but I have never had a problem!
Try pulling your nots out from the main line coming out of the spool, works a treat ;)

deb
23-03-2005, 01:39 PM
lol lol :D
Thought I try the 14lb on the Penn International, have respooled the little abu 6500 with 6, still in pink.
Took the box back, let the sales assistant try ;D ;D ;D, and got 2 6lbs in return 8)
Dud batch I think all it was. ::)