PDA

View Full Version : Daiwa Viento

fish_crazy
20-12-2005, 10:28 PM
Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new baitcasting reel and have come across the Daiwa Viento. Does anyone have one as I would like to know what you think of them. I think the twitching bar is a good idea.
Regards,

Johnny

DNO40
21-12-2005, 06:13 AM
Also curious !

DNO

McCod
21-12-2005, 09:12 AM
MMMM nice reel... #Been looken @ the specs.... looks good ! like the idea of the Twitchin Bar and aluminium side plate.

scatter1
21-12-2005, 10:14 AM
i think they're pretty similar to the alphas, fuego etc but imho the twitching bar sounds like a bit of a gimmick for anyone but a one armed angler. it does nothing that a quick flick of the rod tip or half turn of the reel can't do.

sam

McCod
21-12-2005, 10:49 AM
Yeah scatter1..... its abit of a gimmick i guess.... but a lot of us are suckers for it.... Just like the bearings number in reels.... A 10 or 12 bearing baitcaster is no beter than some with 5 or 6 bearings IMO

Cheers Les

wheezer
21-12-2005, 12:19 PM
nice looking reel, had a play at my local tackle shop. although I think more suited to fishing lighter rigs, would be a deadly SP setup. i think there would be too much resistance from a decent sized hardbody and you would end up with a sore thumb quickly. Far better off using the rod to induce required action.....also not made in japan....

fish_crazy
21-12-2005, 10:38 PM
I also had a look today at the local tackle shop. I think the twitching bar is a bit of a gimmick, but the reel itself was pretty smooth. A mate of mine has a Daiwa sol and it seems to be just as smooth. Am looking to use it mainly for creek fishing. Do you think it would handle Jacks ok? I also had a look to see where it was made. Its made in Korea, unlike the others from the same stable which are made in Japan

Johnny