PDA

View Full Version : I need advice

trigger184
08-01-2006, 07:53 PM
G'day, needing some advice...re soft plastics. Im a course fisherman originally (from england) and have been fishing in Australia for four years using my course rod. I just updated my rod n reel...an ideal combo for soft plastics. im looking for some where new to fish....ive been fishing cleveland point and surrounding areas....any ideas as to somewhere else to use my new found plastics? And any tips when using plastics?

any advice much appreciated

Trigger

bidkev
08-01-2006, 08:06 PM
Trigger. welcome to the site mate. Where are you based, Southside or northside, and where in England do you hail from?

This post may get moved to the saltwater section so keep your eyes peeled for the responses.

cheers

kev

DaveSue_Fishos_Two
08-01-2006, 09:01 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of Ausfish, Trigger. I don't know the Cleveland part of the woods so I will gladly leave that to others more knowledgeable. If you find yourself up Rockhampton way, please send me a pm and maybe we could organise an outing.

Cheers

Dave

Captian_Zero
08-01-2006, 09:40 PM
Trigger - Welcome. Have a look through this site, particularly the reports and saltwater sections for some tips on where the plastics are working. There have been some recent posts about the Cleveland area including the Raby Bay canals.

You can also try around the Lota creek mouth at low tide. You will need to walk out across the mudflats. I have caught flathead, pike, whiting & flounder there on soft plastics.

Regards

Chris

trigger184
08-01-2006, 09:52 PM
hey fella, cheers for the advice....yea ive bin mainly fishin in raby bay canals....on prawn, n squid, worked well......experiments with plastics on my old rod, which wast too sucessful, which could b put down to the rod (a workman blaming his tools) so i guess the canals r worth another shot with my new rig. im on the southside, wellington point......just up from cleveland....and originally from gloucester....SW england.....wasnt sure where to post this so ill keep an eye out for it in the salt section.............plastics no good in fresh water?