PDA

View Full Version : sinker question

damch
12-01-2006, 10:18 PM
Hello all

Does anyone know if sinkers are still made of lead or do they have a mixture of say lead and zinc or other materials.

Or can anyone tell me what they are made from these days.

I am a fisherman but also a part time researcher for alternitive fuels and would like to use sinkers in a project that im working on but it doesnt relate to fishing but will act as a chemical reacter for a project of mind.

Please only respond if you know an not guessing.

Damien

finga64
12-01-2006, 11:33 PM
mate I use lead in mine

Barrymundi
12-01-2006, 11:36 PM
i use lead sinker, guessing that means they are made from lead :)

Al

Hookem_Herby
13-01-2006, 12:22 AM
Damien,

I have seen or used the following non-lead sinkers:

1. Ceramic
2. Steel
3. Tin
4. Polymer Matrix (densified plastic) - can even be scented apparently.
5. Tungsten

There's probably more out there now .... hope that helps.
Catch ya,
Herby

Hookem_Herby
13-01-2006, 12:30 AM
According to this website there are now also a number of composites available, ie polymer/metal.

http://www.moea.state.mn.us/reduce/sinkers.cfm#manufacturers

Cheers,
Herby

szopen
13-01-2006, 12:42 AM
Most sinkers in the market are made from lead.
So you can use them for your experiments.

Other materials are also available but not so common.

damch
13-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks guys for your tips. If any of you want to try one basic fuel saver here it is. Use the hot water from your motor in a thin rubber line and heat up any part of the fuel line or float bowl of your carb ( the more line the better) This can be done on any engines including 2 strokes to car motors. Its only a small increase but it also makes the motor run quiter and more effiecent. Id say 10% fuel economie. Its not much but every little bit helps.

Also you can add 1 once of acetone to 10 liters which will give you a small amount of economie and smother power as well. Works on 2 strokes and 4 strokes. Also mothballs can be used as well in the same amount for older engines but newies can run with it as well.

Also a live bait bubbler can be used for bubbling your petrol tank and anather line at the top can collect the vapor and go to your engine via vacume. But if your clever enough make or use a heater from your exsaust to heat the vapor as it goes to the engine. Heat is the key to extreme milage.

This is all hidden technology that is hidden from you by manufactureres.

Iv tried all this on my cars and cant see why it cant be tried on a boat motor.

Anyway just some tips

damch
13-01-2006, 11:21 PM
I also forgot to say all fuel savers can run with you exsisting fuel system. I have noticed over 40% in effiencies and economie doin this stuff and its safe to do to any engine. Also it gets rid of carbon from the motor cause what people dont relize is only vapor burns in an engine the rest is burned through your catalac converter this has been proven and car manufactureres dont tell you this cause the gov and oil companies are makin to much money and milking your pocket. Dont always believe that car companies are providing you with the best milage posible. In 1940 200 mpg was achieved and suppressed as quike as it was achievd cause people started selling of there shares in oil stocks. I know this is abit of subject but you wont know otherwise. Thousands of Australian have been suppressed and killed to stop this technology fron getting to the public. And that figure has been since 2000.

moater
15-01-2006, 02:13 AM
Hello all

Does anyone know if sinkers are still made of lead or do they have a mixture of say lead and zinc or other materials.

Or can anyone tell me what they are made from these days.

I am a fisherman but also a part time researcher for alternitive fuels and would like to use sinkers in a project that im working on but it doesnt relate to fishing but will act as a chemical reacter for a project of mind.

Please only respond if you know an not guessing.

Damien
G'day Damien,I've got some lead-free jigs that are made from the metal called bismuth,about 20% lighter than the same amount of lead and much more expensive but non-toxic.

Darren ;)