PDA

View Full Version : Buying Reels and tackle from Japan.

land_based
19-01-2006, 11:43 PM
My brother is heading over to japan tomorrow for around 6months. I was going to grab me some tackle if it is cheaper.
I was wondering though Is the gear made there?? If so I am assuming it is cheaper? Have any ausfishers been over there and picked up some tackle? If so was it much cheaper?

Any help wpuld be great

cheers

GTman
20-01-2006, 12:58 AM
Hi Rob,
I spent 1 year there 8 years ago and had time to check the prices in tens of tackle shops. Yes u can get great prices for japan made reels and rods like daiwa and shimano. Compared with France, where I come from and where prices are quiet the same as in oz, prices were about 10-20% lower, sometimes more, sometimes less. It must be the same today.

If u plan to buy some stuff in Japan, I might be interested to join u if we can get better prices together. ;)

raefpud
20-01-2006, 01:06 AM
ºÆ×Å·¸¶ Ä×Ó² ¶Á¿Éز ÆÐ ÏÁ¾ÁÐ ×в¿² sorry - i bought some tackle in japan once, some things are cheap but most of it is damn expensive - then i met this japanese woman and got married - now i have a very expensive tackle box - dont worry buying in japan when japan can come to you - i bet i can get it cheaper than your brother or anyone else you know in japan can - let me know if u want advice on where to buy - cheers, Raef

GTman
20-01-2006, 01:14 AM
Raef, how can u get better prices than in japan for japanese stuff ? Sure I want your advice, I need a saltiga or stella reel !!

raefpud
20-01-2006, 01:55 AM
Hi GTman - I live in Japan and work in the tackle industry - occasionally i source gear for Ausfish members and often sell off my own private collection - I can price this gear for you if you want - send me a PM if ur interested - cheers, Raef

wheezer
20-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Raef is the man for sure :)has helped many an ausfish member including myself get their hands on awesome tackle at very reasonable prices