PDA

View Full Version : Tru-Turn hooks?

baitdrowner
04-02-2006, 05:29 PM
I'm interested in what other fisho's think of these bad boys.

trueblue
04-02-2006, 05:38 PM
Love em. Strong, don't rust easily, keep a sharp point, turn gives good hook up rate, good for SP's if you are into that...

My hook of choice.

devocean
04-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Probably my favourite hook as they have a great hook up rate especially with hard hitting fish like jacks and trout.

I definetly rate them and have been proven performers for me

SeaSaw
04-02-2006, 10:26 PM
They are my favourite for making up gang hooks to float pillies out. Put a swivel between each hook and it makes the rig very flexible and presents the bait much better.

Cheers

Mark

Rod_Bender
04-02-2006, 11:37 PM
Great hook. I've gone away from swivel's in the middle when ganging them as i have found mac's tend to chop straight through the swivel. (try it with scissors, you will be surprised at how little force is required) I now use them with twisted flexi-stainless steel wire instead which still gives a similar flexiable feel like swivels. Top hook though! Roddy

krazyfisher
05-02-2006, 07:52 AM
use them. I have found them to be the best for my fishing

vanurose
05-02-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanx rodBender for your input
Is there anyway you could take a photo of the wire used in between the gang hooks.
I would like to see how the rig looks too. I have a lot of problems trying to twist the hooks(the first one is easy)without breaking up the pilchard so wire sounds so much better in between the hooks.
Cheers
Rose

nonibbles
05-02-2006, 12:34 PM
I love the tru turns. Nice big eye on 'em too which is great for dropper rigs on heavier line (reef). Can't seem to get the brown ones anymore though - I had mucher better hookup rate on them than the red. The standard grey/silver ones do ok though.

Never tried them ganged, next time maybe.

Tony_N
06-02-2006, 09:47 AM
Hey trueblue

doesn't the bend in the tru-turn make it difficult to have the hook riding in a way that makes the SP swim properly. I use the hooks for all my ganging but just about to get a bit more serious with SP's and thought I would have to find something else with a straight shank.

What hooks do others use for say 5'' dropshots/ snapbacks?

fishamatic
08-02-2006, 01:19 PM
A must have for the tackle box. ive used them for well over 10yrs and prefer them for most species i target in the bay area. the baitholders in 1 & 2 size do particularly well for smaller species. the steel one are very good for those fish with hard mouths. as others have said they are also good for gang hooks for those bigger baits. the hook up rate is very good too, and you can often catch some extremly small fish for the hook your using :o

whiteman
08-02-2006, 04:23 PM
I've never had much success with them for some reason. Use them as gang hooks (work well) but much better hook up rate with circles. Some mates swear by them though.