PDA

View Full Version : Alvey Schematics/diagrams

2iar
13-06-2006, 08:58 AM
Hi All,

I was servicng an Alvey of mine today, and think I've either not re-fitted a spring/pin, or re-fitted it wrongly. It's a part in the drag mechansm that turns the drag on and off.

The reel is a Heritage Special, and it's marked as a 650C5. However, its' front looks exactly like the maroon one here from the Ausfish Alvey pages, which picks it for a 650BC. It doesn't have a graphite back or star drag as the BC model displayed does - it's a lever drag like the C5 with a stainless back, so I'm a bit confused as to which model it is exactly.

Does anyone know where to find a schematic diagram online, or able to take a photo of the insides for me? I've looked on the Alvey site, but nothing there...

Thanks,
Mike

Cruiser
13-06-2006, 11:14 AM
Mike,

Schematics for most Alveys are available on the maintenance pages on this site - go to http://www.ausfish.com.au/alvey/14.shtml

If it's got a stainless steel back, I'm guessing the drag on/off lever will be similar to my 650C5 and the springs go on as shown below...

2iar
13-06-2006, 04:09 PM
Cheers Cruiser - you're a legend [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

It seems I'm missing the left spring from the drag. I'll have another look around where I was doing the job (and enjoying a few beers on the public holiday).

Thanks again,
Mike