PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong - Where's the best Tackle Shops?

Blackened
05-07-2006, 05:11 PM
G'day
Pretty self explanatory really, where are the best tackle shops in hong kong?
Dave

Kenny
06-07-2006, 10:13 AM
try this link...
http://tackletour.com/reviewHK.html

szopen
07-07-2006, 04:06 PM
One mentioned above is OK, I think that the Pokee Fishing shop on Hiller road, close to Sheung Wan subway station (last station of the Island Line) is better.

Remember, if you pay cash ask for a discount.

Blackened
07-07-2006, 05:11 PM
G'day
Thanks guys. My aunty is a flights with qantas and goes over to honkers pretty reguarly. Will be good to check out what's over there
Dave

whiteman
10-07-2006, 03:46 PM
The only fishing tackle worth buying in Hongkers - and Triton's Wanchai shop is the largest - are hooks and treble covers. They stock a really good range of Japanese terminal equipment (eg Owner brand) for less than half the cost of the same in Oz. And they have bags of plastic treble covers the like of which I've never seen in Oz and they are cheap and work really well. A few interesting plastics and lures from Japan as well.

Didn't see any mainstream reels or rods to temp and the range was very small anyway (no Shimano for example).

If you are going over, spend your time at Yum Cha and shop in the large stores in Australia.

Wyoming
10-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Good advice Whiteman. I lived there for years and I still miss the food; yum cha in particular.
Neil

Kenny
10-07-2006, 07:11 PM
yeah....if I lived in HK, I'd be doing the yumcha every day. Fishing in the highly populated areas of HK is kind of dismal. You can toss out the nicest bait and the only thing that might have a go at it is tiny baitfish or a small crab. I'm not even sure if there's any fish bigger than a few centimetres swimming around the busy and polluted waters of HK.

szopen
13-07-2006, 12:42 PM
As I have written above the Pokee Fishing shop on Hiller Street is a better place to visit, they stock a fair bit of Daiwa, Shimano rods/reels, some Japanese brands, big range of lures (trolling/hardbodies/spinners), soft plastics.

(They also have some Rappala Magnums that went out of production years ago and can not be bought in other places :-X :-X :-X)

Stuff that might be more interesting to us.

I live 200km north of HK.

whiteman
14-07-2006, 11:58 AM
Went to Pokee earlier this year. It all looked pretty basic to me.