PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to 4bc  talking fishing

robo02
18-07-2006, 07:24 PM
Hi all

Just a short note of thanks to Dave Downie and talking fishing on Sunday morning .I was lucky enough to be first through on the e tech compition and won the nice angler stealth spin combo 1-2 kg 7ft rod
I went over to sudown marine on saturday and picked up a Steve starling 762 snapper rod and sedona 4000 reel for an unbeilivable price
of $151.00 plus braid to suit very happy with that purchase to go with my 7ft raider combo . Then to win this on sunday just made my weekend . picked the new rod up yesturday feels great ,give me the full range now from 2-7kg ,Thanks again 4bc and River -city marine
very happy camper

Regards Rob :)

Blackened
18-07-2006, 07:54 PM
G'day
Good for you rob. Care to share any secrets ;) . I run a 4000sedona with the rear drag and they're a top little reel. About to get a 2500 aswell. You will enjoy yours.
Dave

robo02
18-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Hi Dave

I run the fb front drag the2500 is a great little reel on the raider have landed a few squire and some good size flathead with it on three kilo fireline thought id go a bit bigger to the 4000 with 7ft 6 snapper itching to try it out but the little angle looks a good rod with the stealth 12 /2000
i think ill run 2 kilo on it for a bit of fun out there have had great success with berkley gulps and 3'' minows in pearl watermelon have only been into the sp for about 3-4 months really great fun ;D very adictive these plastics . Sedona's are great reels for the money landed a 60cm flatty down at manly the other morning about 4.30am on a 3'' green gulp good test for the reel came through with fling colours
loaded the 4000 with 5kilo on 1 spool and 7 on the other will give a work out at mud next trip .
cheer's Rob

Hornblower
18-07-2006, 10:08 PM
Good on you Rob, the fishing show is a great listen. ;)