PDA

View Full Version : Mono

ON-THE-CHEW
23-07-2006, 08:15 AM
99% of my fishing is currently fishing soft plastics in the bay. I have just had my first blue water experience and I am hooked. I have already got most of my combo's for fishing outside, even though I haven't used most of them, but was after some info on mono lines. Doing most of my fishing with soft plastics I could not tell you the difference between a good mono and a shit one. What I am after is some 50lb mono to fill my Shimano Tyrnos 30. What are some good brands and roughly how much line will I need, this will obviously vary due to line diameter.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.
ON-THE-CHEW
<")>< <")>< <")><

snakecatcher
23-07-2006, 11:38 AM
I think you will find most mono lines of the same breaking strain are the same diameter so a quick look at the shimano website should tell you how much line you will need to fill the reel. As for a brand recommendation I have always been a fan of maxima ultra.

Gbanger
23-07-2006, 01:35 PM
for bottom bashing i like penn 10x... schneider is good too, but quite thick in diametre for breaking strain

id still recommend braid though if the budget streches that far if its for bottom bashing

Rylan_92
24-07-2006, 07:09 PM
shogun red isone of the best mono line it is very very strong

flickflack
25-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Berkley 50lb!!! I have had it on my trolling reels for about 3 years now and it has never let me down.

adds31
26-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Ande 40lb line, very strong and does'nt have to much stretch.

Cheers Adds....