PDA

View Full Version : Stradic owners feedback

Dezzer
30-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Has anybody got any issues with the stradics? The specs on the Shimano site give line strength and capacity but don't say if this is in imperial or metric. For 10 - 15 pound line would the 2500 or 4000 series be better suited? Also which rods have any owners matched with their stradics and what is this like as a combination.
Any feedback much appreciated.

Cheers, Derek

TheSaint
30-07-2006, 06:31 PM
I've got 2500 Stradic that i had a problem with from the start. The bailarm was slaming shut when i was casting but i just took it back, off to Shimano.. problem was fixed! Week later i was fishing with an awesome reel again..

I've got mine matched up to Shimano 6'8" Rack Raider which i feel is good balanced setup for chasing bream & flatties on SP's or Hardbody lures.. :)

matthill80
30-07-2006, 08:57 PM
nice reels but for the $$$ i would have a daiwa sol anyday mate a totally better class of reel IMO

cheers matt

griz066
30-07-2006, 09:09 PM
In a word AWSOME

TheSaint
31-07-2006, 07:52 AM
nice reels but for the $$$ i would have a daiwa sol anyday mate a totally better class of reel IMO

cheers matt

sol's are $290 where you can get Stradic for $170-200 so theres a big difference in price but if we are going to match reels for prices you could get Sustain for $10 more then the sol..

Cheech
31-07-2006, 01:13 PM
Also the twin power for similar price as the sol if you wanted to spend the bigger dollars.

I run 10lb fireline on my 2500's. Would not go heavier. I tried 14lb on my twin power once because I push them pretty hard, but detracted from the reel. No need anyway. If you want to run 14lb then go the 4000 imho. I like to have a bit of line on my spool.

I also have a symetre, which is another great reel for the price, which is the model down from the stradic. Unless you do a real lot of fishing and have the spare cash, I don't think there is much if anything to be gained in getting a model above the stradic.

Cheech

T-roy
31-07-2006, 05:43 PM
Hey mate i have a stradic 2500 and ive had a problem with the roller bearing on the bail arm but other than that their a great reel. i fish mine on either a 6'8" shimano rack raider or a 7" Tcurve in the estuary with 4lb fireline and 6lb leader flicking soft plastics chasing bream, trevally, jacks, tarpon, whitting and flathead and it does the job easy.

T-roy

Jeremy87
31-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Stradics are getting to the point of optimum value for money for the weekend lure caster. Straight out of the box they occasionally have a light bail spring which is easily fixed. Problems that may develop are a ceased line roller which is normally replaced under warrenty and increased play in the handle joint over time. The 1000 has alot of plastic internals which can be ground up when fishing high drag settings or when fishing for small pelagic species.

Dezzer
31-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Excellent feedback everybody, thanks for that.

tiges
31-07-2006, 08:29 PM
I've got a 2500 on a 7' squidgy bass rod, and to tell you the truth I'm not as happy as I expected to be with it. Have been getting tangles in the braid on casting occasionally. First thought it was because I originally loaded the line straight off the spool as it was laying flat on the ground, or the reel was a little overfilled. Refilled it with new line with the spool on a piece of dowell and didn't fill it up as much, but still the problem occasionally arose. A lot of my lure fishing involves taking up slack line on the drop, which can make the line lay a bit loose back on the reel. This combined with a bit of line twist seems to be the cause. If I see a loose loop, I always feed the line out and then rewind it back on, but it happens without any visible loops. I've not had this problem in previous reels (usually $50-$100 range reels), using the same line and fishing techniques. Other than that I'm happy with the drag, fish fighting, smoothness etc.

lippa
31-07-2006, 08:47 PM
and my wife reakons i got a problem! i'm showin' her this post!!!!!!

cheers

lippa

davo
02-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Look at the Daiwa Exceler. I run Daiwa and the mate runs Shimano. After a couple of seasons of snappering on plastics his Symetre is starting to die. I'm still running a Laguna. I just got an Exceler and for the money they are outstanding. I did want a SOL but it was a bit too much for me. The bearings are much larger than the Shimano and they have very large drag washers. I did have to relub them but that was the only problem. I find that the Daiwa has a larger spool diameter and I get a lot less tangles than my mate.