PDA

View Full Version : making lure heads

Fiji_fish_head
06-10-2006, 12:22 PM
where can i find some information on how to make resin lure heads??? :o any help would be appreciated

gcbfc
06-10-2006, 04:45 PM
When (and if) you find the info............

Make sure you wear a mask and don't breathe the fumes. The stuff is highly toxic and will give you brain cancer over a period of time.

Making resin head lures would have to be one of the worlds deadliest occupations.

I doubt many lure makers would want people entering their marketplace, so you might find it hard to get the information.

Cheers

Wayne

imported_admin
07-10-2006, 11:53 PM
Start off by doing a search on Google

Search for - how to make resin lure

There is plenty of info out there. I think the first ones were made in the US, but not sure, and then they got copied in Australia after a while. Quite a few people doing them now.

atlantic_salmon
10-10-2006, 04:28 PM
hey big fella, i picked up a book from jones tackle called "The Complete Book of TACKLE MAKING" from a poonse called C. Boyd Pfeiffer, it has a whole chapter on casting resin heads, it retails for 39.99, used with a latex mould rubber you can copy any lure on the market ( i dont know how this affects the interlectual property of casting resin head lures(my disclaimer)), just use your head when using the resin a do it in a well ventilated dust free area, you can potentaly copy a market leading skirted lure for 1/10 the shop price...

hope this helps mate...