PDA

View Full Version : i did try to do the right thing

nofrills
10-10-2006, 08:14 PM
#A couple of weeks back i bought myself a shiney new set of rodholders for nofrills.I do heaps of slow trolling and have always used those tube type holders out each side with the rod tips skimming the water and an ocky strap to stop them falling out.So when i saw these stainless quick release holders for $50 each i thought i would give them a go.they appear to be well built and the spinning reels i use lay in them very well.

#So i put them on then head off for a days fishing.I'm chugg'n along then wack the first hit i get the new holder bends like a piece of play dough and the rod very nearly flies out the back of the boat.Worst still i didn't get the fish.

#Now I don't pretend to be a mechanical engineer but I am a mechanic by trade and I've been fishing for ever and didn't think I would be anywhere near overloading these rod holders.
I was using a penn 950 spinnfisher with a silky drag of 5kg max and a #15-24kg live fibre rod and 15kg mono line.

# When I arrived home I phoned the campany I had purchased the holders from .I also had a docket that said refund or exchange within 30 days so i wasnt worried about getting my money back #;).

#I explained what had happened to the person on the phone as maybe it might prevent somebody elses #$500 set up going over board and also maybe the company that makes them,which is Australian, might like to be made aware of what
had happened.I still think they are good rod holders but the plate used needs to be thicker.

#This is where the $hit starts.the girl on the phone says to me that there could be a problem with my refund as she thought that might be an unresonable load to put on those holders and she would have to get the manager to call me back.I then explained to her that I was trying to do the wright thing by giving them feedback on one of their products and making them aware of a problem.I also pointed out the fact that i could have straightened out the holder and got my refund no questions asked.

#So after waiting for two weeks for the manager to call I bent the thing back into shape and got my refund.NOTHIN LIKE A BIT OF GOOD SERVICE HEY #;)

# #

nofrills
10-10-2006, 08:19 PM
normal one on the left :o

finga64
10-10-2006, 08:36 PM
You tried to do the right thing matey.
Great service eh.
Wonder who did the field testing?? Obviously someone who didn't catch fish. :-/
Thanks for putting the pictures up so we all can stay clear. :)

Duyz72
10-10-2006, 09:12 PM
Ahhh yes the eternal "I'll call you back"

fish_outta_water
11-10-2006, 08:22 AM
hi nofrills :)
i know how you feel mate
had the same attitude from shimano in the u.k , couldnt believe a company of their rep (who charge there prices) could have such poor customer service .
now fish gravelle reels and penn ...... not shimano who dont warrenty there reels for salt use.
the moral of the story is stick with suppliers you trust to uphold your warrenty
all the best mate
p.s you didnt throw the old rests out did you? ;D

marlinqld
11-10-2006, 08:28 AM
No frills...they just got the best, or in their case worst, type of publicity/advertising.

Word of Mouth, and through a huge forum like ausfish.

Word of Mouth recommendation is the best advertising an outfit can get. Equally it can be the extreme worst as well. Guess which version they just got?

Mike

Canoedle
11-10-2006, 08:46 AM
I'm sure he's still gonna call you back mate, really, one day, maybe next week?

JasonT
11-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the post nofrills!
I'm looking for some new rod holders myself and thanks to you i know what to avoid!

It's a shame some companies don't take customer service as seriously as they should!

I imagine that a sales increases would result from a couple of ausfishers posting glowing reports about a particular product!
And, thankfully the reverse is true too!

Thanks again!

Jason

grich
12-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Unless it is a shimano. The warranty is not worth the paper it is written on. I'm sure this is a controversial statement and I will no doubt be corrected. G.

Glind
12-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Geez your hard on gear Scott!

Great_White
12-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Will steer clear of that type of set up. :( :( :(

Who was the company that sold them to you???

Peter ;)

nofrills
12-10-2006, 09:27 PM
gees timmy

thats a bit harsh comin from you ''Captain Kaos''
Fallen a$$ over anything lately? :o ::) :-/ :'( ;D

hey peter
i didnt name names cause i dont need some BIG company puttin the heavies on me.

cheers scotty