PDA

View Full Version : LINE COLOUR

Reef_fisher
17-10-2006, 01:03 PM
Not sure if braid comes in different colours (don't use the stuff) but what is the significance of the various line colours around, do they fish better or worse (here we go) ;D ;) and what colours do Ausfishers use and why?
Have come across people that refuse to use anything but specific brand/colour. Just wondering why. :-/ :-/

T-roy
17-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Hey mate
I use pink fireline for visability when fishing off bridges early morning and late afternoon

T-roy

Jonli
17-10-2006, 02:04 PM
Hi-Viz colour for casting , multicolored for jigging to gauge the depth .

JonLi .

Blackened
17-10-2006, 03:56 PM
G'day
There was a topic on just this a few weeks back.

My SP rod - pink fireline, and 9' of flurocarbon leader, for my visibility and the fishes invisibility

My bait rod - smoke fireline and flurocarbon leader - for the invisibility on the fishes side again

My offshore bottom bashing outfit - yellow live fibre TX for my visibility and then flurocarbon leader of about 10', for the fishes invisibility.

Basically use bright colours where the line needs to be seen by you, this is mainly in trolling applications and fishing lures near cover. Always use a flurocarbon leader as this will greatly improve your hit rate as the fluro has the same light refraction as water, hence rendering it near on invisible to fish.

Dave

StevenM
17-10-2006, 06:28 PM
Hi-Viz colour for casting , multicolored for jigging to gauge the depth .

JonLi .

Ill second that and add that it is all with artificials

cheers
Steven

Fishin_Dan
18-10-2006, 07:25 AM
I'm not a fan of the pink Fireline at all... It perishes too quickly, and loses it's colour.

The bright green/yellow braids are the way to go if you want visiblilty. Bright orange (Some PE braids) is also good.

Reef_fisher
19-10-2006, 03:18 PM
thanks for the replies, and fishing dan i have heard that too, ihave also heard that the pink/red stuff is slipperier than other line and requires more aggressive knots

Jonli
19-10-2006, 04:13 PM
Guys ,

You need special knot when working with braided line , my favourite is MidKnot which won 1st n 2nd place is " knot tying " competition in Japan , the key is to use soft/supple mono leader in order to have the braided line " bite ' into the mono leader . Fluorocarbon leader
in general are too hard for MidKnot to work but newer materials out of Japan are softer but
very expensive .

JonLi .

fisherman_dude2006
22-10-2006, 05:13 PM
color is personal preference, but the reckon light visibility disappears after certain depths more with certain colours ROYGBIV.

red, orange yellow, green blue, indigo, violet in that sequence.

if you need use a longer leader, you really dont have to worry to much about colour as such.
;D