PDA

View Full Version : LINE ON GAME REELS

fishing_mik
24-10-2006, 06:03 PM
JUST WANT TO NO HOW OFTEN OTHER AUSFISHOS CHANGE THERE LINE ON THERE GAME FISHING REELS

I MAINLY USE MINE IN THE SUMMER MONTHS .THAN THERE HUNG UP IN THE GARAGE FOR THE WINTER

MIK

fishing_mik
26-10-2006, 05:42 PM
JUST WONDERING IF ITS WORTH CHANGING IT ALL AGAIN.
I TESTED IT AND IT IS STILL BREAKING AT 15KG AND 24KG( SO THE SCALE SAID)

CHEERS MIK

Noelm
27-10-2006, 08:06 AM
changing line depends on a few things, if it is dull and not glossy anymore, I like to change it, if it is all twisty and kinked ,change it, but if it has been well looked after, like washed with fresh water after a trip and kept in a cool dark place it seems to last for yonks, but it is quite cheap really, so, if you want to, change it. oh and turn off caps lock, as it seems like you are yelling or angry or something.

snelly1971
27-10-2006, 11:13 AM
I usually put more braid than really needed when buying new on my reels...so when needed i usually just cut a few meters of the end ....seems to be the only slightly worn area i get....As i have said in other Forums....Fins braid rules... ;) ;)

fishing_mik
27-10-2006, 06:44 PM
yeah noelm i look after prety good always wash with soapy water then dry it before its hung up .it still looks prety shiny to it just seems a waste to spend 200 bucks a year changing line when the line thats on is just as good .

every year i change all the line on my other rods because i use them all year .

dont no if its just me being a tight arse ;D would like to get more then 4 months out of it ps sorry about the caps

cheers mik

finding_time
27-10-2006, 07:16 PM
I change mine at the start of the season and then about half way through , i know this sounds alot but i rather do this than lose a good fish. I buy my 8 kg momoi at wellseys in a 6000m spool for $170 so this does my 3 reels twice for the season.

Ian

andy009
27-10-2006, 08:51 PM
i fish for sharks with 15kg and 24 kg line class. i think u should change your line at the start of the season and make sure the line has no creases or fray before u go out fishing

Deiter
28-10-2006, 08:25 AM
I change mine at the start of the season and then about half way through , i know this sounds alot but i rather do this than lose a good fish. I buy my 8 kg momoi at wellseys in a 6000m spool for $170 so this does my 3 reels twice for the season.

Ian

Jeez Ian, are you fishing 8kg for the speedsters and bills as well now???? :o

Looks like the "Death-by-Harrassment Squad" is increasing in number. ;D ;D ;D

Damo