PDA

View Full Version : Buying S.P from the states - beware

stonecold
27-10-2006, 10:29 AM
Just a short note to give Ausfish members the heads up on importing S.P from the states. I'm not sure if AQIS have some new guidelines or been given a tip off on this one.
I love bass fishing and I love making my own bits to catch them with. I often find lures or jigs in the states that I cant get from my local tackle shop or by mail order in Australia. I recently purchased some jigs and skirts online from a store in the states. While looking at their range I found some 7 inch berkly gulp jerkshad which looked good for snapper. Not having seen these in Oz I grabbed a couple of packs.

Heres the thing....I know have in my hot little hand a letter from AQIS stating that,

RayB
27-10-2006, 01:54 PM
the suspense builds!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adamy
27-10-2006, 02:05 PM
Did your wife come in the room and you had to hit the panic button?? ;D ...."No No honey I'm working.... honest" :D ;)

stonecold
27-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Not sure what happended here boys the same post appears close by

Hellmannn
27-10-2006, 02:23 PM
I have had some plastic zooms from the US which have been temporarily quarrantined and tested to check for organic matter. I eventually go them back with some of the tail snipped off ofr testing. probably they were testing or drugs of something but they have a job to do.

Or maybe the employees are taking confiscated items home for their own personal use?????

YOU NEVER KNOW!
:)

stonecold
27-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Just cant trust anyone these days..although I dont think Dagmar or jagdar whatever his name was (from AQIS) really new what a fish was let alone a jerk shad

nuggstar
28-10-2006, 09:53 PM
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(lure trashers >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(