PDA

View Full Version : Tica reels- Whatdya reckon????

Fiji_fish_head
26-10-2006, 08:41 PM
Have any of you guys fished with Tica brand reels?? what do you think about them?? :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Heath
26-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Absolute heaps of junk.

Stay away IMO

Jonli
27-10-2006, 12:51 AM
Not for long term and not for serious fishing .

JonLi .

DazSamFishing
27-10-2006, 02:45 PM
I have some tica rods... and they handle the tuna well...

I personally haven't heard of any positive feedback about the reels as well...

I don't think my tackle sales person has even introduced them to me either!

Daz

aquarius
28-10-2006, 03:29 PM
I bought a Tica baitrunner reel a few years back and can honestly say its not looking the best even with little use.
Corroded aound the handle and the drag is a bit jerky.
My mate also bought one at the same time and his lasted about a year.
Cheers Brent

NeilD
29-10-2006, 06:50 AM
I have a Tica Camry small spinning reel. It works fine but the original gold lipped spool scratched and dinged up very quickly and had to be replaced with the spare. This one seems to be holding up better

Neil

boodo
29-10-2006, 05:10 PM
poo !!!!

davo
31-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Yuk! Tica last closely followed by Okuma.

Glind
31-10-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm with davo, they are cr@p.

Goldcoast_Local
31-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Fiji fish Head,

I am not a reel expert but i have a Tica SS500 it is the ultra lite reel and i have it spooled with 4 pound fireline.

Like i said, not an expert in this area but i love this reel. Does the job for me, only had it for about 8 months but at $60.00 if it lasts two years i will just throw it out and buy a new one.
It has never let me down and caught my PB of a 38cm Bream, so, i cant complain. Drag is smooth. I regularly spray it with WD40 and try and keep it clean.

I like it because it is lite and suits my style of fishing which is essentially in the canals in the gold coast. I fish with very lite gear.

Its the one and only Tica i have ever used but i will be buying another exactly the same soon for my other rod.

All i can add...................

fishface
31-10-2006, 10:01 PM
i bought 2 ticas in singapore just over a year ago. the baitrunner which still works but not smooth anymore and the tarus which was suppose to be there top model. it started to bubble round the bottom of the reel after month and now the handle wont turn as probably the bearings are rusted. its in the workshop getting looked at . not a happy camper.
just bought the penn 560 slammer. and will steer well clear of tica
daniel