PDA

View Full Version : Silstar Crystal Blue Powertip?? at Cash Converters

Red_Nut
31-10-2006, 02:18 PM
Team,
does anyone have experience using these rods?

There is one in our local Speedy Cash (Cash Converters) store: Silstar Crystal Blue Powertip, baitcaster with trigger grip, 8-10kg, 5'6''. Apparently they are a graphite blank with fibreglass skin full length and fibreglass tip?

It is in perfect condition, not even any scratches on the plastic reel seat, no marks on the runners so I don't think there has been any line go through them. They only want $30 for it, and it looks like a good option for a heavier baitcaster. A mate works there and he reckons they'll sell it for $25. I am only just getting into the baitcasting side of things.

Your thoughts are appreciated, but it sounds pretty good to me.

Cheers.

Ed.

Jeremy
31-10-2006, 03:58 PM
for the money it is good value if you are just getting into baitcaster fishing. You'll get your money back if you ever want to sell it again.

Jeremy

jim_farrell
31-10-2006, 07:07 PM
http://www.spooled.com.au/Article:264

Bit of an article on them there ed. I have a couple of crystle powertips and love them. All fuji guides and great power. Mate if you don't take it, pm me and i will.

Jim

Poodroo
31-10-2006, 07:13 PM
Yes very good value. I love Silstar rods. Snap it up. All Fuji guides as well. Bargain! ;)

Poodroo

Red_Nut
01-11-2006, 08:40 AM
Yes, I snapped it up yesterday afternoon. By the way that article reads, the rods are pretty good, definitely worth the $25 I paid for it.

I might have to convince a few people to head down for a weekend fishing at Awoonga, I think it is only about an hour and a half from here.

Tight lines.

Ed.

Brissyguy
03-11-2006, 07:42 AM
BCF have the 7' SWM on special for $29.99.

Well worth a look.