PDA

View Full Version : Heddons Teeny surface lures?

geoff72
01-11-2006, 09:09 AM
I bought a Heddons Teeny surface lure yesterday,still havent had the chance to try it out, want to use it for bream. does anyone know the best way to retrieve it or has anyone else got one that can tell if they work well. hope they do cause if the fun police new i paid that much for a lure i would be sentenced to be stoned to death. any help would be appreciated.
cheers
geoff.

AdrianK
01-11-2006, 09:23 AM
Geoff,

The last months DVD Magazine in tackle shops and newsagents had a 20min section on fishing for bream on the surface and were apparently using that sort of lure - walk the dog sort of retreive - I haven't seen it, but heard about it. Also supposed to be ideal this time of year as cicada's are becoming active, and dropping onto the surface etc.

AK

scottym
01-11-2006, 10:22 AM
As AK said the Fishing DVD did a segemnt on exactly what you are asking about. I even went out and got a torpedo myself after watching it. I think you can get the DVD from most newsagents for around $10 bucks. Basically they were just casting these lures at pontoons and using a fairly steady retrieve with a few pauses.

Cheers

Scott

geoff72
01-11-2006, 10:46 AM
thanks guys,as soon as i read AKs response i went out and bought it, awesome dvd, great advice and great footage,the heddons havea great little action on them with the right retrieve, cheers again guys hope to use it today to see how it goes,im only land based though so will have to find some good structure. i reckon they would go well with the bass to.
cheers again.

silver19
03-11-2006, 03:35 PM
JUst watched the dvd -awesome- I see it`s number 5 does anyone know if the first 4 are available and whats on them?

Cheers John

jackash
03-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Dunno about ur lure mate but the surface lures are the go. Its often hard to get a hook up, but cast to the pontoons or even up against the banks if ur out of a boat. You'll be surprised at the size and numbers of some of the bream lurking along the drop offs. Just a slow twitchy retrieve with alot of pauses. Good luck.
Cheers
Jackash

scottym
03-11-2006, 11:14 PM
John,

I am a really big fan of these DVD's. I think they put one out about every three or four months and cover basically every type of fishing. I'm not sure that you would be able to buy any of the earlier ones at a shop but maybe check out bcf. You can buy them all online at http://www.fishingdvd.com.au/ and a new one is coming out this month.

Cheers

Scotty

silver19
03-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Thanks Scotty

Just ordered #3 & #4 on line tonight I think they are great. very helpful and entertaining.

Cheers John