PDA

View Full Version : best way

a_big_red_1
05-11-2006, 11:48 AM
hi all, i have a spinning reel full of braid that i would like to transfer to another spinning reel, how do you go about it without getting line twist or stuffing it all up? as i never have done this..the line has not been used yet.
oh.... it has 300m of 50lb

thanx
Daz

zach
05-11-2006, 11:53 AM
hey mate i dnt think braid has memory so it wont twist up on u
cheers
zach

imnotoriginal
05-11-2006, 05:52 PM
If you have a third reel with the capacity to hold the line, i would reel from the original onto that reel, then onto the reel you want the actual line to be on, that way, you've essentially put it back the way it came but onto a different reel. There's probably an easier way, but to me that makes sense at least...
Joel

a_big_red_1
05-11-2006, 09:14 PM
no mate no spare empty reel :(

Daz

Bushbasher
06-11-2006, 07:36 AM
Just do a direct transfer from one reel to the other making sure , of coarse, to wind it back on to the new reel tightly. Once you've put a little backing on the new reel tie the exposed or used end to your backing and wind away. You'll end up with the new and unused end of your 300m of braid exposed and ready to go so it'll be like having brand new braid #:).

Alternatively, go down your local tackle store or pawn shop and buy a cheap reel out of the bargain bin for $20 and use that as your spare transfer reel.

Bushbasher

thehoodedwarriors
12-11-2006, 02:57 PM
cracker jack, where are you located??? charltons at redbank should be able to change it over for your.. they have the right tools and it should't cost that much give them a ring and see how you go. it saves all the time reeling it yourself and its done tight etc.