PDA

View Full Version : Daiwa Zillion

phatty
15-11-2006, 02:16 PM
hey all,

when the get in to australia?(if so already where?)

and how much of a dent are they gunna make in the pocket??

hardb8
15-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Hi Phatty,
Try www.plat.co.jp You will get one to ya door for $388.55 Aus at the time of typing.They will provide tracking numbers and fast shipping,You can also pay via paypal,Which is very secure.

kirin
15-11-2006, 07:48 PM
saw one yesterday at my local only by chance. Customer had purchased the stores only 2 models (matching them with loomis rods) when I was there. Did not want to ask the damage as I was only purchasing my paltry packet of hooks - $6. Somehow I imagine his bill was in the order of $2006.00

Desperately need my numbers to come up in lotto.....

NormC
15-11-2006, 10:28 PM
I saw one yesterday at Tackle World Southport. Great reel with a beautifully free running spool. Think they are a bit over $500, which I though was reasonable if the reel is a s good as it seemed to be (if you have the money)

I don't, so I bought a Shimano Citica.

phatty
16-11-2006, 08:37 PM
yea thanks guys.

im cant wait to get mine.

the cheapest i can find them on the net for is $305, or $320.

but i trying to do the local thing and get one in through the shop, cause over the net you cant get a warranty on them.

ohh and im gunna match it up with one of the new daiwa battlers.

flickflack
16-11-2006, 11:43 PM
They are veeerrryyy nice have already caught a few fish on mine. A massive amount of drag. ;)

StevenM
17-11-2006, 02:34 PM
phatty

saw a few comming into Charltons at Redbank today. Bloody nice and had both the high speed as well as norm. Heap of drag aswell and smooth as. Think they were 480??

Cheers

Steven

phatty
17-11-2006, 10:14 PM
yea i had a look in the shop today at one.

it was 450. when i held it in my palm, it was love!

the fella in there proved some vital points but it would only be a concern if u didnt take care of it.
but im still keen and cant wait to get mine soon.

saw a few comming into Charltons at Redbank today. Bloody nice and had both the high speed as well as norm. Heap of drag aswell and smooth as. Think they were 480??

yea i read up that the red 7.1 retreve zillion doesnt back up as much drag. 5kg rather than the 6kg its gold-spooled brother can.

StevenM
18-11-2006, 05:49 AM
[quote author=phatty link=1163564169/0#7 date=1163765657]
the fella in there proved some vital points but it would only be a concern if u didnt take care of it.
but im still keen and cant wait to get mine soon.quote]

phatty

what needs to be done

cheers

Steven

phatty
18-11-2006, 03:19 PM
he just pointed out that there are a few corrosion points.

being :

- indent circles on the top front face of the reel
- goldplates on both sides of the spool
- and indents near main shaft etc

just places where salt can be collected, purly based on the visual design.

other than that he said it was a great reel but would pick the alphas over it for the eextra 10 bucks cause of the size, but u would also loss line, cause of the smaller spool