PDA

View Full Version : TLD Vs TEKOTA

Pitsta
29-11-2006, 08:08 PM
Hi guy's santa is coming early & wants to know which reel i want ! I like the Tekota more than the TLD on account of the level whined . Is there any pro's or con's for either ??????

Mark

Black_Rat
29-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Hi guy's santa is coming early & wants to know which reel i want ! I like the tyrnos more than the TLD on account of the level whined . Is there any pro's or con's for either ??????

Mark

Mark,

I wasn't aware the Trynos came in a level whined?? #:-/

I prefer my overhead reels without a level whined on them.

I've used a Pen 330 GTI Level whined, a TLD 25 and Trynos 30 and the Trynos 30 wins hands down in the retrieve ratio and larger/comfortable handle department and they look good ::)

Damo.

Pitsta
29-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Your right Damo I meat the tekota !!!! :-[

Mark

Black_Rat
29-11-2006, 09:20 PM
No dramas,

I haven't fished with the Tekota, but if it's for a bottom bashing reel in deep water or on the troll for the big mutha of pelagics a Trynos would be the way to go #;)

Damo.

PS: go the Mercs !

Pitsta
29-11-2006, 09:33 PM
I don't think she'll fork out for the tyrnos . But I'll give it a go !!

Cheers ;)

Black_Rat
29-11-2006, 10:06 PM
I don't think she'll fork out for the tyrnos . But I'll give it a go !!

Cheers #;)

Tell Santa its better to give than to receive !

Give me a Trynos 30 ! #;D

jim_farrell
30-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Difference imho. Level winds (tekota) good for repedative retrieve luring and high speed jigging. TLD are more a trolling, bait reel. Lever drags such as tlds suit trolling as you can preset your drag weights. Hard to do with a star drag.

That was very abbreviated, but hopefully helps.

They aren't really two comparable reels use wise.

Jim

Pitsta
30-11-2006, 05:43 PM
Ho ho ho . The wife got me a bloody TYRNOS 20 Thingy ;D ;D ;D.
You little butey . Now what to spool it with MONO or BRAID :-/ ????
Any suggestions !

Mark

marlinqld
30-11-2006, 05:46 PM
I got me one of them shimano hats too Mark. Is yours the one with the number you ring up and register to win the Rav4 and tinny?

Well dont waste your time registering the hat nu,mber, im winning the Rav4 ;D ;D ;D

Mike

Pitsta
30-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Yeah Mike ! I dont need two rav's anyway , got a good deal at that store on redlandbay rd. Just need line now !!!!

Mark

insolent
01-12-2006, 05:55 AM
Ho ho ho . The wife got me a bloody TYRNOS 20 Thingy ;D ;D ;D.
You little butey . Now what to spool it with MONO or BRAID :-/ ????
Any suggestions !

Mark

If you are going to mainly troll use mono, if jigging, bottom bashing and livebaiting use braid (with a mono/flouro leader suited to the job).

Cheers

Pitsta
01-12-2006, 07:02 PM
Is braid easy to even out on the spool when fighting a fish .
Or would mono be better ????

Mark

seatime
01-12-2006, 08:12 PM
G'day Mark

very noice, nearly got one of them the other day at that same store, aaa- mm but settled on a tld, more for trolling. I did get a tyrnos medium stick tho, $150, which I thought was ok. a tyrnos 30 comes later ;D

mate, I'm no x-pert, but unless you're a merciless jigger have a look at the 25% off Platypus lines like platinum or low stretch, they're real thin and good qual, and should do all the jobs you want.

regards
Steve

Pitsta
01-12-2006, 08:49 PM
Thanks Steve . I think i will go mono its easier to tie than braid , for me at least . Abit cheaper than braid also !

Mark

PlasticFantastic
01-12-2006, 09:04 PM
No levelwind and braid adds up to no skin on your fingers after awhile unless you wear a glove or wrap some tape around your thumb. I reakon mono is your best bet unless you want to jig then I would go braid but only if you were really dedicated to your jigging.

PlasticFantastic

Black_Rat
01-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Briad only has it's advantages over mono in 60m+ of water ! ;)

Splash
25-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Briad only has it's advantages over mono in 60m+ of water ! ;)

First time I read this - why is this so? why not shallower water?

So, why do all the guys on this forum who use braid love it and I am sure only abot 5% fish in water >60m.

Very curious Black Rat.

finding_time
25-09-2007, 09:16 PM
First time I read this - why is this so? why not shallower water?

So, why do all the guys on this forum who use braid love it and I am sure only abot 5% fish in water >60m.

Very curious Black Rat.

Not curious at all!!;) Fishing for reef fish in 70m or less you will have a higher catch rate with mono!! Braid lacks any give , and fish like Reds , trout and big sweeties, with there pulling power are hard enough on gear on mono without using braid that has no shock absorbing feature! Yes you feel more bites with braid, but trust me you'll feel any decent sized reefie bite using mono!!! Braid has it's uses, eg plastic fishing and deep fishing where it's less affected by currents but reef fishing and braiddont really mix, it's also easier to retie rigs using mono and on the reef you do this alot. I wouldn't waste my money on braid for bottom fishing the reefs, and many good fishermen i know agree!!

Ian

Splash
25-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Wow - great to have differnt opinons - thanks mate.

How do others feel about this statementfrom Ian?

WHy do I read so much postivie things about braid on this Forum then?

Are they taking the wrong course of action if they are fishing in shallower water (<70m) with little current?

Splash

fish_on
26-09-2007, 04:18 PM
tekota has a level wind and is a star drag reel. alu body. tld has no level wind lever drag and a xt7 body which is a little tougher than graphite