PDA

View Full Version : Non level-wind overheads

Toby
09-12-2006, 06:48 PM
I have used over heads for years now. but only ones with level winds.Im thinking of buying a tekoda 800, but having seen the tyrnos reel I like it alot better. except it doesn't have a level wind.

How do you guys go with line distribution over your spool when pulling in alot of fish? take a bit of getting used to manually pulling the line back and forth? or do you not really bother at all and let it bunch in the middle a bit?

land-lubber
09-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Usualy, if bottom bashng and not really interested in having a full spool, u leave a bit of space on the spool then just let it bunch up a bit when retrieving. its not usually a problem unless ur spool is chockas full, then the bunch may jam against the reel.

andy009
09-12-2006, 07:04 PM
it is easy to use u will get used to it. it only takes 1 finger

aussiefool
10-12-2006, 06:06 AM
I have never used one as suck but I would think it would take no more getting use to than a Alvey

FNQCairns
10-12-2006, 07:22 AM
Toby it will become second nature but will take a little while, just dont injure the digit (thumb for me) and keep fishing ;D

cheers fnq

Blackened
10-12-2006, 12:30 PM
G'day
You will get used to it, second nature as FNQ has said.
I just bought my tyrnos yesterday and will run 50lb braid on it.. you can get little leather finger guards for the purpose of filling the spool evenly. IT'll save you a few possible cuts and sore thumbs.

Dave