PDA

View Full Version : Mo Tackle

snakecatcher
20-12-2006, 01:53 PM
Just noticed that Mo Tackle have their online store up and running - probably old news but here is the site

www.########.com.au

Dodgy_Back
20-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Ive had a bit of a look at it, but only for a couple of things.

But do you think it really saves you more than going to your local tackle shop.

If you got a reel from ######## and needed a warranty repair could you take it to your local or would you need to send it to ########.

Mick

rockfisho
20-12-2006, 08:24 PM
i guess you could use it as a reference point to get a better price from your local

rockfisho

Feral
21-12-2006, 05:39 AM
Online stores are great for stocking up on smaller lighter stuff, but prefer the local otherwise. I used ot live out west, and I reckon these sort of services must be brilliant for people who live in remote areas, I used to have to buy 6 months of tackle and gear at a time when I visited the big smoke!

fish81
21-12-2006, 08:10 AM
Just noticed that Mo Tackle have their online store up and running - probably old news but here is the site

www.########.com.au

I think some of the prices can be cheaper, but when it comes to getting warranty claim or faulty products can be abit of a hassle...

cammac
21-12-2006, 08:11 AM
Ive had a bit of a look at it, but only for a couple of things.

But do you think it really saves you more than going to your local tackle shop.

If you got a reel from ######## and needed a warranty repair could you take it to your local or would you need to send it to ########.

Mick

Mick you shud be able to take the rod or reel to any authorized agent/seller of the equipment for a warranty claim the item shouldnt need to be taken back to the original purchaser
regards Cam

Noelm
21-12-2006, 09:00 AM
yahoo some more people who say you should support your local tackle guy/girl

charleville
21-12-2006, 02:10 PM
Obviously, this would be good for people in the country but I had a look at a few items that i know current prices of and the Mo prices were not that special. #Some were just normal RRP which is invariably undercut at several tackle stores.

eg the Tyrnos 20 two speed reel is marked at full retail price of $465; the 6500B baitrunner is about $40 dearer than what I paid a few months ago; the TSS4 is at the same price as BCF which is $10 dearer than the Mart with an A as advertised in the January QFM.

banshee
21-12-2006, 05:51 PM
"......you should be able to take the rod or reel to any authorised agent seller of the equipment for a warranty claim....."

Yeah I suppose.....but why would anyone (local Tackle shops) want to go to all the trouble of getting it back to the various companies for someone who is not a customer?.....and what does said tackle shop stand to lose if they politely refuse? certainly not your bussiness.Best thing is to send it back yourself,the address is on the box,granted it will not get the "input" from the people who have a working relationship with the various people connected with the product,but hey you probably saved a few bucks to start with.

Feral
21-12-2006, 06:33 PM
Yeah I suppose.....but why would anyone (local Tackle shops) want to go to all the trouble of getting it back to the various companies for someone who is not a customer?

Because if they are a dealer / authorised stockist for that particular product, they could lose their franchise if they refuse.

banshee
21-12-2006, 08:35 PM
"Because if they are a dealer/authorised stockist for that particular product they could lose their franchise if they refuse."

Well I guess there is the way you would like things to be and the way things are,give Shimano a call on 02 9526 2144 explain to them that you bought out of town and the shop is being difficult regarding warranty,they will inform you to get it off to them with a letter describeing your problem,I garrantee there will be no come back on the shop you are haveing "trouble" with.Also try the same exercise with any tackle company you choose and see what happens.

kirin
22-12-2006, 06:49 AM
Having worked in the retail industry (golf) I know how this works. Yes they are suppose to take the item back and organise you a replacement. At no stage are they obligated to give you replacement stock out of their range.

Your warranty claim is then shipped off to the supplier, at your cost, or you can wait for a rep from that company to collect the warranty which depending on the company can be once a month or even less. By the time it gets back to the supplier and then shipped out it could be a good 2 months before you see replacement.

By the way the care factor from the non selling shop that you take your product back to is nil and why should it be. You decided to bypass them in the first place so take your medicine or buy from them in the first instance.

Noelm
22-12-2006, 07:14 AM
I would say (from experience) that MOST Local shops would help you out, even if you did buy it else where 'cause that's how they stay in business, and you just might buy from them next time (maybe)

Dodgy_Back
22-12-2006, 09:00 AM
I support my local tackle go wholeheartedly great service ,honest prices even offering to lend me a rod over Christmas if my rod in for repair doesn't get back in time.

No matter if a mail order crowd can offer great savings and you buy regularly from them, I just can't see them offering the same level of service as your local.

And the advice factor ??

Can they show you an easy way to tie a "Bimini" over the phone ?

But having said that, If you live in an isolated area or your local is a goose, go mail order.

Cheers Mick

griz066
22-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Great reference point for all things fishing 8-)

Garn
23-12-2006, 07:45 AM
Mo or Fishing tackle Australia has been supplying discounted tackle for eons - well before a lot of franchised stores. They have set benchmarks within the tackle industry which is why you see stores combining buying power to offer us the consumer better prices. They've also had the longest running mail order catalogue that I can rememeber.

Tackle suppliers like BCF. K-Mart and All Mart are also in competition with the local bloke. The difference with your local guy is he can generally offer a bit of experience on the local scene. This information can't be bought, no matter the price.
On price - everything is negotiable. You can ring Mo and they'll do a deal. If you want to compare that with your local go ahead. I like to spread my dolleras around.