PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good buy??

boat_1
29-12-2006, 08:59 PM
I have an old Penn 220 overhead rod & reel combo, it seems to work ok but i have been offered a Live Fibre "Classic m10" rod fitted with a Shimano tld25 reel. The owner said to make an offer as he wants it gone asap. Both appear to be in perfect condition, the tld is worth around $200 new, but i cant seem to find a price on the rod. Can someone please give me an idea on what sort of money i should offer for them. #:-/

Cheers,

Andrew.

sleepygreg
30-12-2006, 02:05 AM
if they are both in good nick - i would offer him about $200 - tld caan be deceptive .....look great on the outside.....but ya dont know what work they have done. Live fibre are a good rod.....but a bit overated price wise IMO. is it the one with the yellow tip section?

please pardon my caution.....used to own a tackle shop.....am always wary of second hand gear unless i KNOW the owner and how he/she looks after their gear.

Brand new both outfits worth about $350 as a deal

Cheers
Greg

Blackened
30-12-2006, 07:55 AM
G'day
I have a new M10classic here. She's 10-24kg and 7' in length as an overhead.

RRP is $215.

Offer him $220 for the setup if he wants it gone that quickly. What kind of line does it have?

Dave

boat_1
30-12-2006, 08:16 PM
Dave, It is only fitted with mono line around 30kg. Greg, it is all black in colour, with blue bindings. I went & had a look at it today, the gentleman would be in his early fifties & all his other gear was in top condition, the reel has only been fished twice. I will go back tommorow & offer him around $200 for the combo.
Thanks for your help!!

Andrew.