PDA

View Full Version : Manual request.

Synful
04-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Evening everyone,

Looking for a big favour from someone if they have the gear and associated manual for it....

Does anyone have a manual for a Penn JigMaster 500 reel?
I have just managed to find an old one that was at my Dad's house that I bought back in the days before kids, marraige and when I could afford good gear ;)

Just that I seem to recall that the reel had some reasonably in depth information about the maintenance in the included manual. I am in Cairns so if you are in FNQ that would be handy.

Even if it is just scanned in copy of the manual would be sufficient as I just want to make sure that i am not missing any (probably) much needed maintenance; I haven't used the reel in over 7 years so it will need some form of reconditioning, even if it's only a grease etc.

Andrew.

net_surfer
05-01-2007, 12:00 AM
Andrew is this what your looking for???
http://www.scottsbt.com/catalog/store/category1.aspx?SID=8&Category_ID=5900&ClearCache=1

Just click on Schematic Drawing.

Cheers :)

rick_k
05-01-2007, 01:38 AM
Send it to Jack Erskine or another capable reel techo. You are based in Cairns and so is Jack. I send my reels up from Brissie to Jack.

Do a google, or e-mail sportint @cairns.net.au or webpage www.jackerskine.com.

Synful
05-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Andrew is this what your looking for???
http://www.scottsbt.com/catalog/store/category1.aspx?SID=8&Category_ID=5900&ClearCache=1

Just click on Schematic Drawing.

Cheers :)

Hi Net_Surfer - That's perfect!

Not what I remember (had a few beers between then and now though!) but will certainly help me beyond my wildest dreams!

Regards,

Andrew.

Synful
05-01-2007, 08:04 AM
Send it to Jack Erskine or another capable reel techo. You are based in Cairns and so is Jack. I send my reels up from Brissie to Jack.

Do a google, or e-mail sportint @cairns.net.au or webpage www.jackerskine.com.

Hi Rick,

Thanks for that heads up.
Have added Jack's page to my list of bookmarks, will have to wait and see what condition the reel arrives in before I know if I need to get Jack to have a look at it or not.

Can tell you live in God's country when you have access to one of the legends of FNQ fishing like that :)

Have a good one and tight lines!

Andrew.