PDA

View Full Version : New Penn Spinfishers any smoother?

cammac
10-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Ive just noticed that the current Penn spinfishers have now got 5 ss bearings plus anti reverse bearing plus techno balanced spool? anyone got one of these to comment on the smoothness over the older models?

Cam

fish_on
11-01-2007, 04:10 PM
yeah they feel a little more balanced and smoother but ive taken a new one apart and to tell you i was a bit dissapointed. comparing it to the old ones not in the same league. now they are coming out of china not usa. if you look after it of course it wont let you down but not like the old gut busters

land-lubber
11-01-2007, 07:28 PM
i had a quick peek in the sideplate of one at work the other day, they are nicer to use, a bit smoother and have instant anti reverse. i dont like the new casing (body) looks a bit dodgy to me compared to the old 1, still some brass in them in terms of the gearing, most is alloy. Id also prefer the older 1s if u can find 1, a bit cheaper too off the top of my head
cheers

nuggstar
11-01-2007, 08:52 PM
i have used 1, twice at the barra park in bli bli and it was a dream to use. i was blown away by how this real looks so crappie yet it worked is good and so smooth. landed 4 little 50-55cm barra on it ;D

nigelr
13-01-2007, 07:57 AM
I'd go the Slammer, still made in the USA I believe.
Cheers.

Rod_Bender
14-01-2007, 01:35 PM
mate brought 2 new models and testing them recently out on a reef trip. Awesome!!! Would never buy an old US model again. Anti reverse makes it so much better when bait fishing while you have the rod in the rod holder. You don't get the click back like the old reel. Thoroughly rec. them!