PDA

View Full Version : Cairns report

Steve_Ooi
01-10-2001, 03:04 AM
Things up north have started to fire, with all the river systems producing good fish in numbers….
Barron is fishing well, with a lot of fish being pulled. The gold bombers are working the shallow mud banks well, and the rubber prawn lures like DOA, prawn stars working the snags seem to do the trick..
Good jacks are starting to fire and live baits at night are producing the results.
With a bit of good weather it would be worth hitting the headlands for a barra …
Or the other option is to head for the sweetwaters of the rivers as the Jungle perch and sooties have come on in the last few weeks , great fun on light line, not to forget the jacks and barra that can be up in the fresh as well. The Russell / Mulgrave river are really excellent for this type of fishing.
We should also see the Tinaroo barra turning on a bit more with the warmer weather…
Looks like we are on the start of a good summer…

Cheers Steve Ooi

Travis
01-10-2001, 04:31 PM
l'm a coming Steve l'm a coming ;D

Brett_Finger
03-10-2001, 03:34 AM
Poon,
thanks for that mate,as if i don't miss the place enough!!!
see you soon buddy!!!!
travis won't want to come back i can tell you.hehehehe
Hookin, Brett

Cremated_Reddog
03-10-2001, 03:39 AM
Travis would not be the only one Brett. The sooner I get my ass outta here the better ;D can't believe it is rainin again in this hole >:(

Reddog

Brett_Finger
03-10-2001, 04:03 PM
Mate,
i thought it was gunna rain today but....hehehehehe. another lovley day ;D
Hookin, Brett

Cremated_Reddog
03-10-2001, 06:51 PM
heheheh ;D good onya. I'll be basking in it soon enough.
All good things come to those who wait, and those who charge in like a bull at the gate ;D ;D ;D 8)

Brett_Finger
05-10-2001, 03:29 AM
Hound,
Mate i'm the latter, sometimes it pays to weigh up the options though!!
if i did that i'd proubly still be in bloody cairns!!! 8)
oh well, at least i get to catch up with me bro and some old mates!! :D
Hookin, Brett