PDA

View Full Version : Logan River

Brian
07-10-2001, 10:33 AM
Howdy,

Had a couple of hours to kill so headed for the above river with a mate to test some lures.

Result 1 Black Spot Estuary Cod, 1x52 cm Dusky Flathead and two HUGE strikes and almost instant :o bust offs @@$# damn went undergunned. As it has been said "I'll be back" ;D ;D

Randall
07-10-2001, 01:25 PM
Howdy Brian....Big bust-offs?? Jack ?? What do you think?

Regards, Randall.

Brett_Finger
08-10-2001, 02:06 AM
Brian,
mate sounds like Jack lives here ;D
do many fellas target the estuary cod around here??
Hookin,Brett

adrian
08-10-2001, 02:45 AM
depends on how far up you are ? if at the junction of logan & albert river could have been sharks or as they have said jack . some good spots to try are up past there look for a rock bar on the left side as u head upstream near a house on the right , bream are big there :D the junction is alright too boat ramps are at skinners park ( don't leave your car here after dark ) the caravan park or used to a private ramp near the junction just up the albert river on the northern side cost involed

Brian
08-10-2001, 05:17 AM
Hi,

Well i launched at Skinners park and we went to the junction and then trolled along the walls of the golf club. I was trolling about 1 1/2 rod lenghts out from the wall ;D as they say if yeah not hitting getting snags you not getting fish well i was kinda failing on both both getting snagged and not getting fish :o As for the specie that bricked me i discounted shark i figured two close to the wall monies on Jack, Cod or big Bream. Either way i'm arming for big red in flack jacket ;D ;D I'm sure i will battle some of his front runners in Cod and old silver ;D But i am cool 8) I will get my fish ;D Would love to cast and retreive this place but have no electric :( :(

So much for test running the lures :o well i guess they worked

Anyone interested in a trip ;D Hey Randell that rod and reel i got off steve is great ........ can you give me a call please :)

aussiebasser
08-10-2001, 06:44 AM
Hi,

Well i launched at Skinners park and we went to the junction and then trolled along the walls of the golf club. I was trolling about 1 1/2 rod lenghts out from the wall #;D as they say if yeah not hitting getting snags you not getting fish well i was kinda failing on both both getting snagged and not getting fish #:o As for the specie that bricked me i discounted shark i figured two close to the wall monies on Jack, Cod or big Bream. Either way i'm arming for big red in flack jacket #;D ;D I'm sure i will battle some of his front runners in Cod and old silver #;D #But i am cool #8) I will get my fish #;D Would love to cast and retreive this place but have no electric #:( :(

So much for test running the lures #:o well i guess they worked

Anyone interested in a trip #;D Hey Randell that rod and reel i got off steve is great ........ can you give me a call please :)

Geez Brian are you still on Holidays ???
If you give me a call, we can head down there in the Hornet and do some casting with the electric. Sorry Brett, I don't think it would float with the three of us delicate little blokes in it :o I've sort of taken a liking to Jacks now. Might need some heavier knotted dogs though. ;)

Luke
08-10-2001, 10:44 AM
Brian,
mate sounds like Jack lives here
do many fellas target the estuary cod around here??
Hookin,Brett

Brett,
we've caught some nice cod up near the rock wall at Alberton-not targeting but accidentally and have caught small,small Jacks at the same place so definately in the system.
Luke

Nugget
08-10-2001, 11:33 PM
There have been some big trevally in the river over the past few weeks - 5kg stuff has been common and you want to make sure you have your trolling wrist strapped up when they run.
I saw a doz or so tailing in the shallows opposite (and 50 meters up river) from the tin tub at the elbow.
Caught three udersize jacks in the past week or so - haven't found any size yet.
Water hit 22deg on the last of the tide when I was out last - looking good!

Dave ><>

Brian
09-10-2001, 02:31 AM
This was my first run on this river so will need to explore some more. That rock area you are talking about anzac is that launching at Skinners and heading up stream ??

Will have to get your number Dale ;D and i'm back at work but have some time to stress relief ;D you not want a stressed Skipper ;D

Will have to get some of these dogs everyone is on about and give them a run, but first need to upgrade the fighting gear.

Luke
09-10-2001, 03:23 PM
Dave,
did you catch the Jacks on lures or bait?
Cheers Luke

Brian
09-10-2001, 04:52 PM
Luke i caught my cod on a lure ;D and donated a couple to the sea mantle of some finned bugger :o

adrian
12-10-2001, 03:23 PM
hi brian . it was upstream from skinners park . up past the junction with the albert river by memory around the next two bends , cane fields on the left and a hill on the right with a house half way up soory its been a little too long :'( but if you go too far you will come across a jetty and some river prawn trawlers .

Luke
12-10-2001, 03:27 PM
Good catch Brian,what was your poison?

Brian
17-10-2001, 03:40 AM
My poision was pink Voodoo 15 + ;D.

Looking at a Wednesday shot and explore some more :)