PDA

View Full Version : Toolondo Today

oriley
22-11-2001, 04:59 AM
TEXT
Toolondo today is a shadow of its former self. :( Toolondo was renowned as one of Australia's best trophy trout waters.
Today Toolondo is at extremley low levals, and has started to suffer an algea bloom, For months Trout pre there spawn were attracted to the current from the pump as it was sucking the water out, these fish that were attracted to the current met there death, it was not uncommon to see the head of a large fish in one spot and the body in another.Thankfully the bloody pump broke downbefore they drained the lake completly, but with and average depth of 6 to 7 feet, the lake back to the 3 main pools with sand bars seperating them, the lake stinkscause of the algea fish are lying dead on the bottom,and there have been reports of #dead swans and swans deserting thier nests. >:( I have greenies emailing me talking about the cruelty of fishing, how dare I promote fishing as fun for all the family, and teach children this barbaric sport ??? What is barbaric to me is watching an enviroment disapear before my eyes, Surely a percentage of water could have been left not a fatal leval as is now, but a sustainable leval for the aquatic enviroment. Toolondo today is a tragic sight, and I cant find a picture that fits my heart break on the situation. I remember V.R Fish stating once they were lobbing to enforce that all lakes regardless of there purpose be left at all times with at least 25% of its capacity for recreational and tourisim purposes. But obviously none of my licence money or yours went in that direction either >:( :( :o Tight Lines Karen Oriley