PDA

View Full Version : Wivenhoe 25.11

team_mongo
27-11-2001, 05:12 AM
Fished Wivenhoe yesterday.

Trolled platypus cliffs, caught 3 trolling, and came across LARGE school in 90 ft of water, then jigged up 13 bass, largest to 49cm. Caught 50+ catties. It must of been a mixed school. The school would of been at least 20x20m in size.

Tailspinners (black and silver- black probably better) were the go, A little bit difficult to judge the depth, but we found the best was to cast out about 45-50 ft, and NOT retrieve but just jig.

After 90 minutes, the school dispersed, interestingly when the weather cleared. Previously,, 15kt winds with 0.5m swell. Other info T32, barometer 1007 and falling, NW winds.

I've included a pic below, just demonstrating how thick the school was.

http://photos.yahoo.com/team_mongo

Cheers
George

Brett_Finger
27-11-2001, 04:08 PM
George,
mate great to hear from "Team Mongo!" ;D
how was H/Brook ?
hope all has been well for you .also hows ol' Ollie going heard from the NT sector of "Team Mongo" 8)
Hookin,Brett

team_mongo
28-11-2001, 01:22 PM
Big Fella,

Havent gone to hinchinbrook, yet! Coming Monday (hey, hey, hey... ;D ;D) for 1 week. Wish me luck. #I hear the way is to park off a snag and bash it for at least 20minutes - what do you think?

Might drop in on awonga. Got any tips?

Ollies all fished out (NT does that to people_, he's gone back to the UK! I've been meaning to catch up with him.

I'll keep you posted.

George

Brett_Finger
28-11-2001, 04:06 PM
George,
mate some of the boys sit on the snags and flog them till the fish come on! i havn't got the patience to do that ;D
as soon as the tide drops otu the mangrouves,but is still not low hit the flats for site fishing for barra and Salmon :P this is great fun,seeing thirty pound fish swimming onthere sides chaseing bait fish is mind blowing!!!
for hitting snages i have found that low tide is the go with fish sitting on any structyr that's left in the water.
for Awonga hit the weed beds straight across from the boat ramp,work the edges with bombers and tillson barras in the fingerling desighn this should see you good.
have a ball mate!!!!!!!
hookin, Brett :o

Sandy
01-12-2001, 07:01 PM
hello brett,
when was the last time you were fishing at awoonga or are you just passing on others stories??