PDA

View Full Version : bribie

shano
18-12-2001, 02:13 PM
I will be going to bribie over the chrisie break for 2 weeks can anyone tell me where the good places to fish are ,what you would catch there both land and boat!???as i have not fished there before! ???also what bait to use and where would be the best place to get live bait from(yabbies,mullet ect) cheers Shano!

adrian
20-12-2001, 07:18 AM
gday shano
if you have a 4wd then get a perimt from the cabulture city council to access the beaches ( sorry don't know the cost ) then the eastern beaches are worth a try. you didn't say what size boat if a small one try near the wreck of the awon shown in brownies beacon to beacon or ask at bait shop.Or try further up the passage out of the wind watch the tide as most of the areas out of the channel are very shallow or dry at low tide . or the pylons of the bridge are worth a go . Up the passage use chicken gut as it seems to be best take crab pots as well . with 4wd try the northern end as far as you are allowed check eastern beaches for any good signs of fish . with a cast net try near the forestry station for potty mullet for yabbies i've found them about half way up the passage but check any bank you find as you never know . the size of boat may see you head out side try the main channel beacon for mackeral and kings
hope this helps Adrian

Touchy - R.I.P.
20-12-2001, 08:44 AM
Have some passage maps & couple bits of info ready to send when you can e-mail a postal addy.Cheers Touchy.

BOMBER
20-12-2001, 10:54 AM
Hi Shano,

I live on Bribie and fish the Passage very extensively especially at this time of year its much smarter to travel and fish from Mission point up as there is a little less boat traffic here try Husseys Ck, Coochin Ck and the sand banks and rock bars in this area the Jack are starting to fire up and drift the banks for whiting and flathead. Most of the mouths of the creeks in this area hold plenty of live bait so dont forget the bait net nearly all of the sand banks also hold yabbies so get the pump out. Hope you have a great trip up this away I am heading to faust dam near Proserpine to tackle some freshwater Barra and get away from the crowds on the island once again have a great time and a merry Xmas.

Regards,

THE BOMBER.

shano
20-12-2001, 04:51 PM
Hey guys thanks for the great info it will come in very handy. Touchy i have sent you my postal addy through your e-mail i go next week on wednesday and will be there for 2 weeks.Anzac your a legend mate thanks for the info.Bomber you a legend also your info will also come in very very handy i appriciate it all as this will come in very handy as this is the first time i have been there! ;D ;D :D

shano
02-01-2002, 04:52 AM
was over bribie for the last 2 weeks the mullet were going crazy.we got most of ours from creel creek just on dusk ranging from about 4inches to about 13-14 inches they were pretty big! ;) and lots of them we also got a good feed of tiger prawns from the same location the biggest was 20 cm when straitened! also caught a ludy (black bream) was over the moon about that 1 it was 38cm long (which was also caught in the cast net)over the moon about that. up river further got onto some nice jack around the bridge and also a 33cm bream caught on pillie!lots of whitting and muddies also in the creek.the main jetty was always packed with people from the caravan park,and they were getting lots of mullet off that at night.any way
cheers shano