PDA

View Full Version : Sydney Harbour - 20/1/01

curleyweirdo
11-01-2002, 01:57 PM
Well fished in my tinny with brother around middle harbour.
Started at spit bridge where our 10ft tinny is kept. Loaded up at about 10ish.
Motored to Balmoral and fished drifting from grotto point across with pilchard pieces.
Caught : 2 Flathed about 20cm and 36 cm. Both released, 1 small snapper , released.

After a few drifts it was lunchtime and we promptly headed for balmoral beach for some hotchips and wedges
Perched our selves on the wharf and went about catching 8 tiny to large yellowtail.
[best spot in harbour to get yellowtail year round]
These yellow tail were roughly thrown into our redbucket equipped with the top of the line ,force ten bigW air pump!
[Vital in keeping fish alive] - Without this the week b4 half baits were pronounced dead on arrival to the spit bridge

After our lunch we headed out and anchored about a hundered or 2 hundred meters off middle headish area, but close to cobblers beach.
Set three rods with live yellowtail on the bottom with about a metre trace to 5/0 hook.
Picked up my first hard fighting 60 cm ish [give tak a few mms] something. Was either a rat kingfish or possible samson fish? was a bit confused because it looked like a kingy , but kinda like a trevally without a predominent yellow tail?@!@!@! AAny ideas fellas?
Also netted 2 medium size squid desitined for the table as we wernt going to saty out late and go for bigones.

Motord back to balmoral and gave fish and squid to my mum and caught 8 more livies.
Headed to the spit bridge wher we anchored but did not get a good run only a couple of squid pulls and some small bites and a misterioulsy removed clean live yellow tail head.

So yeah that was my outing and i think we got home at about 5:30ish.

Would really like to know what the big one was because i honestly couldnt tell had these mixed features.
I feel kinda bad because i think it was a little bit small for a kingfish, but yeah we didnt wanna chuck it back.

I will keep posting my outings @!
Btw i am trying to get my website up and running so if you have two seconds have a look. Not much on there at the moment but i am going to add my techniques when i have time.
www.geocities.com/sydneyfishing.
beno

curleyweirdo
11-01-2002, 02:00 PM
oops try this link ;)

www.geocities.com/sydneyfishing