PDA

View Full Version : I'm out a here - gone fishin'

Nugget
06-01-2002, 10:41 PM
Heading off into the senset bound for foriegn lands in search of fish.
Roughly translated it means Fitzy, Harro and me are heading over the NSW border to fish some impoundments in search of cod.
So if I don't reply to your emails - you'll know why - back in a week!
- NO - all out suitcases are full and we don't need a porter - thanks anyway!

Dave ><>

jaybee
07-01-2002, 08:48 AM
How do I get a job like yours ???

Luke
11-01-2002, 11:56 AM
Gday Dave,
see your'e back on the board. How was the trip?
Cheers Luke

Nugget
11-01-2002, 12:03 PM
Can't tell you - I'd have to kill you if I gave away that secret!

And the results are...
Four cod for the first four days then 20 cod on the morning of the last day!

Bigest went to Fitzy at about 10kg - on ya mate! (using a new technique - read about it in Bush 'N Beach)
I managed one about 8kg and the rest were between that and 1kg.
Harro was content to drive the boat and put us on fish - (although he still managed more than an equal share of the numbers) thanks Harro - you're a bloody legend!

Supertank Hodgy came over and had a fish with us and nailed fish in holes under trees that only he could put a cast into.
We ended up with 5 species - cod, yellas, a silver, catfish (on a lure) and redfin fishing three dams - Copeton, Split Rock and Keepit - Copeton fired on the last day.

To hear all the nitty gritty - read Fitzy's report in Feb Bush 'N Beach - It'll be a good read - albeit very sonsored! - there were a few boys being boys antics...

Dave ><>

Fitzy
11-01-2002, 05:03 PM
Hi Nugget,
Been too long since we teamed up again. As usual you showed us freshwater fellas how its done. Mongrel didn't tell us he'd cut his teeth on the old Goodoo about 50 years ago. hehehehe

Don't listen to him folks, he's too modest. Nugget pulled some of the best fish of the trip with some pretty fancy casting in good company (Hodgie & Harro). He also did a running repair on a broken rod for me that kept me in the game & caught a few good fish.

Thanks for the company & help Nugget. Its always easier when you got the master (Harro) calling your shots for you & guys like Hodgie to pull off that "impossible" cast.

BTW- What happens on the water, stays on the water. #;D

Trenny Dorrah

Fitzy..

rollsy
12-01-2002, 01:07 AM
These blokes are way too modest, I grew up in Inverell and know people that have fished Copeton for years and haven't seen 20 cod let alone in one day. Matter of fact is that to catch much more than Cat fish and the odd Redfin takes a lot of skill and a whole heap of knowledge, have forwarded Dave's report onto some family that still live down there and got several responses that the board rules clearly state aren't acceptable ;D. Not at the boys just at me for taunting them.

Nugget
12-01-2002, 03:31 AM
And the great thing is that we have pictures and video - lots of them - so I'm sure they will be splattered around various mags over the next few editions.
The truth is that on the first day we were at Copeton it shut down - they were letting water out and we were struggling to find fish.
Then a few days later after fishing other dams, a quick phone call let us now that a few things had changed and it was looking a lot more promising.
You are 100 percent right - they make it look easy but there was a lot of science and almost 100 years of cod fishing experience between Harro, Fitzy and Hodgy that found the fish.

Dave ><>

Nugget
12-01-2002, 03:52 AM
OK Fitzy - but what am I going to do with that "fify dorrah" video footage !
Just played it back - it would win Funniest HV hands down - if they would air it!
Absolute bloody classic!

Dave ><>

Fitzy
12-01-2002, 06:48 AM
Hey Nugget,
Better destroy that tape. It's not good for your health to keep it. :D
I'm sure it was real funny on vid, but you'll have to forgive me if I pass on a front row seat to watch it. :P

Thumb is still bleedin!

I'm outta here. :-X

Fitzy..