PDA

View Full Version : iluka jew

OBRIEN
12-01-2002, 08:49 AM
Went to Iluka for a fish over xmas ,beautiful place that it is,i spent 4 nights on the north wall and landed a few fish of moderate size bream, taylor,however i got spooled twice which bought me back each night, ,on the last night i hooked up on a live taylor and after 20 odd min i bought the fish to the wall and its 5 foot swell, all i could do was watch as a large jew lolled in the swell, bout 5 foot of it,then the mono gave at the brade,well, i was going to let it go anyway! got a photo but only a fisherman could see it as a fish, ill scan it in when i can bludge the use of one .and another thing,catch ,hold and release wouldnt apply on the north wall of the clarance in any sort of swell as the danger of getting it up is considerable.that was the high light of my fishing at iluka but i did have great fun on the beaches catching stingrays on light gear, small ones i might add ,the kids loved it, and i hammered home the need to release all fish caught as we had more than enough to eat back at camp ...... maybe next time ill fish the beach at night and land one of those silver koshers.........