PDA

View Full Version : Goldcoast Report 17/01/2002

Heath
20-01-2002, 10:41 AM
Headed out today for Spaniards as the word is that there are a few around. Left the bar to be greeted by flat seas & a light Southerly breeze. Got a heap of livies at the bait ground & took off to the reefs. Set anchor & put the the lines out. I had 1 line in the water & was getting the others ready when, my rod buckled over & the good old Penn 45 GLS started screaming. Grabbed the rod & set the hooks, then held on for the ride as line was stripped off the reel at will. I gradually started to gain line back & had the fish, close to the boat, when the line went limp. The bugger has spat the hooks, reset the bait with a big slimy & continued to get my other lines ready. I had just got the other lines in the water when the reel started screaming in protest once more, but the line went limp before I could get to the rod. Upon inspection, my 60Lb wire trace had been bitten off. SO.... reset the rod once again & waited. We didn't have to wait long, before my uncles Wilson 15kg jig stick, buckled over & his TLD 20 was loosing line, good fish!!!! Then my Shimano Trinidad rod did the same & the Penn 45gls was screaming for the 3rd time in under an hour. We had a double hook up, then to make things interesting our 3rd rod which was a Shimano TLD Special & TLD15 buckled over was loosing line.... TRIPLE HOOKUP, my uncle played his fish, as he has crook wrists so he straps himself to the rod, with a kidney belt, I had the other 2. It was a case of taking each rod in turn, so the fish didn't come too close to the other & get tangled. Soon, 3 stinkin Mac tuna were in the bucket, destined for the berly pot. Big buggers they were to, around the 8 kg mark. After we sorted the, mayhem, out, my uncle was the first to reset his line. WHACK!, off it went, while he was feeding the line out. After a good tussle a gleaming GT was in the boat. I put my next bait out & it got slammed as well, before I could get it out far enough. After a short fight, another mac tuna was next to the boat. The hooks were removed, & it thrown backin to fight another day. So we once again, set all the lines. We had enough time, for a snack, before the TLD Special was buckled over once again & the TLD 15 was singing. I set the hooks & then watched as line melted off the reel. A good fight ensued, before finally another stinkin big fat mac tuna was at the boat, the hooks were removed & it too was back in the wild blue yonder. Well, the wind started to blow up, so we called it quits at 8:30 & headed home.

Even though we didn't get a table fish, it was an action packed morning

Volvo
20-01-2002, 10:46 AM
Good to see you are at least getting out Heath :) Missus and i tried last Thursday but turned back halfeway across the harbour as bit too windy and lumpy.
Just as well too as pi##ed down rain hour later.
Cheers

Luke
20-01-2002, 11:51 AM
I've only ever caught one but still good fun the old mac.
Cheers Luke