PDA

View Full Version : Sand Pumping Jetty

jaybee
21-01-2002, 03:15 PM
Fished from 3.30 run out tide the dart were on ..as soon as the sun set the whiting come on..only 26 keepers 13 whiting n 13 dart all in excess of 30 cms 1.8 kilo in fillets not a bad return..fish went of the chew at 9.30 when the wind died then the sting rays come on. Lots of small stuff in between :( quiet nite on the jetty only around a dozen people all up..a hand full of tailor caught..lots of weed
cheers

hungry6
27-01-2002, 10:19 AM
jaybee u go there much?

jaybee
27-01-2002, 11:27 AM
become a regular haunting ground hungry..i fish 3/4 the way out on the left there is a gutter n sand bank..on the right there is a deep hole for tailor..depends on wind..tides n moon tho..and with lower back probs..its the best bet for me at present.. i try to fish it at least twice a month.
cheers

hungry6
27-01-2002, 06:40 PM
yeah i know the area u talking bout, i've been trying to get some decent whitings, but not too many around of decent size anyway, alredi tried bribie beach also

jaybee
28-01-2002, 03:38 AM
hungry I have found the best technique down there is a trace not much bigger then 35cms...enough lead so the line only just moves in the current..I only use short shank No 4 hook, leave the rod propped against the rail until the fish hooks itself also i like to use fresh and preserved worms, I have found that some nights the whiting will fire more on preserved over the live. The average catch of keepers is usually around 25 although the best night I have had was 40 keepers including a flathead and a couple of bream. I like to go down around 3.30 if the tide is goin to be high or low around 6.30 to 7.30...before during and after the new moon and have found the fish bite better if there is a bit of easterly in the wind..be prepared to throw a lot of small stuff back and once the rays come on the chew you mite as well pack up and go home.. hope this helps
cheers

hungry6
28-01-2002, 06:21 AM
thanks for he tips