PDA

View Full Version : Clairview - Out past Wild Duck Is.

Jason_L
04-03-2002, 01:08 PM
Father came back today with news and some fish caught out past Wild Duck Island. in teh Broadsound area.

Fish caught include:
Red Throat Emperor
Grass Sweetlip
Gold spot cod
Coral trout.
Wobbygong sharks,

some of the cod that were caught were too big and got thrown back.

what my father bought home were 2 sweetlip bout 6lb
1 cod bout 20lb.

i wish i was there with them, but then i remember i don't like going fishing in rough seas.

atleast i get to eat the fish

Lucky_Phill
04-03-2002, 04:41 PM
What are ya Jason,,, ? a fair weather fishoe or something ?

Well I"ve got some more info on Stanage, and it looks like I'll be making the trip. Not sure when, but definately this year. What seems to be the most suitable weather patterns up your way ? Time of year. ?

I saw Steve and Fitzy today, taking the boat out on Sommerset Dam,. I was there for a ski. Can't understand these fresh water fishoes, perfectly good skiing water and they want to chuck lures around the place ??? ;D

Jason_L
04-03-2002, 06:30 PM
apparently winter is the best time of year.. calmer seas and winds.

i get seasick now and then. so i like it calm. but when it's calm up there it's like boating on glass.

hehe. talking about fresh water.. went jet skiing in the fitzroy river,... fresh water side.. friend decided to leave me in the middle of the river.. here's me looking over my shoulder trying to spot crocodiles. he left me there for what felt like 5 mins.

if ya do end up coming threw here phil. let me know when u do and we can meet up and have a drink somewhere.

Lucky_Phill
05-03-2002, 01:43 PM
A quite drink over some of those Tassie scallops down at the Fitzroy Hotel sounds good. I'll let you know when I'm in the travelling mood again. 8) ;D