PDA

View Full Version : BACK FROM THE RACKS

BOMBER
11-04-2002, 05:39 PM
Hi All,

Fished the racks up one of the creeks over here on Bribie last night 09/04/02, used 1 inch Bream Grubs colour didn't seem to matter on the night, fished from 7:30pm till 9:45pm got the last of the run in and the first of the run out ended up with 13 fish the biggest going 37cm's the majority were all around the 25cm mark, compared to last year this season looks extremely promising as the fish were almost non existent same time last year.

Regards,

THE BOMBER.

BOMBER
11-04-2002, 05:47 PM
Hope this works.

REGARDS,

THE BOMBER

Fitzy
11-04-2002, 09:48 PM
Hey Bomber,
We're you using the Big Bite plastics that everyone is raving about??

Fitzy..

Brad_Mcalister
12-04-2002, 02:14 AM
That's a bloody beauty Steve ;D

What sorta retreive is workin for ya ?

Brad

BOMBER
12-04-2002, 04:15 AM
Brad,

The type of retrieve is to cast to the structure or rack in this case let it sink right in amongst it,a flick of the rod tip from about waist height to eye height they usually hit on the drop if not hit one very slow turn of the handle then repeat. If you haven't been hit after about 10 turns of the reel handle retrieve and start again. I usually fish 1 piece of structure for around the dozen casts.

Regards,

THE BOMBER.

Touchy - R.I.P.
12-04-2002, 03:43 PM
'Day there mate,that was a good trip,you mean you can fish at Bribie without wearing a raincoat :o :o :o,jeeze dont think I could find my way around up there without 4inches of water IN THE BLOODY BOAT,,Need some of those grubs badly ::),Hate to admit it but the bottom flys ain't been working :P,flogging the Logan this w/end for schoolies & fingers crossed for a taste of crab.Cheers T.

sav
12-04-2002, 04:47 PM
Steve
How you going.
Well done on the bream. Was it a full moon lit night. I've never attempted to catch bream at night on plastics - assuming thats what you used. I'm fishing the pin in a couple of months for a few days on a full moon and may give the sliders a go.
Off to Longreach next week with work but will give the Thompson a whirl next Thursday.
See ya.
Sav

BOMBER
13-04-2002, 03:40 AM
Hi Sav,

Good to see your still about say Hi to all in Longreach for me whilst out there, talking to Yank Ballard last Wednesday have been getting the odd Yella in the River on the right of the bridge heading to Winton. As far as the moon etc I have found of late that it hasn't mattered too much light, dark no matter. The other night was dark though, the reason why I think the Bream Grubs work is that they are only a reasonably small soft plastic much smaller than a slider in girth and just on the inch long, and the tails when in the water only need a very slight twitch for them to flutter, Randall has been absolutely smashing the Bass on them in Maroon and I have been wacking the Bream and Flatties here oin Bribie. Will have to give you a call one day soon was in Toowoomba last Monday due up in another month, anyway must go.

Regards,

THE BOMBER.

BOMBER
13-04-2002, 03:45 AM
Hey Fred,

Amazeing isn't it raincoat hasn't had a start since the time you and JC came to visit, will be an excellent Bream season this year as last year was unable to find many at all but the numbers and size are definitely back particularly in the few spots that I have kept up my sleeve for your next trip up here, give Randall a call to sort out some of the grubs.

Regards,

THE BOMBER.

Randall
13-04-2002, 03:50 AM
Nice won Steve ole buddy!! Can hardly wait to come back up to the Bribie straights to get back into the winter Bream again!!

Many anglers discount the fighting abilities of Bream. Pound for pound, they are a great little sports fish. Using super light gear only adds to this!!

Anyway, this sunday, I`ll see you at the BBM event at Somersault!! (Lets try the little grubs up there huh?)

Regards, Randall. (Partner in crime fella)

BOMBER
13-04-2002, 11:05 AM
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAH BABY.

REGARDS,

THE BOMBER.