PDA

View Full Version : Prawns in Glassie creek

Cando
09-04-2002, 02:19 AM
We went up to Glasshouse creek sunday 7/4.. started casting the net around at about 5pm and by 6 we had about 1.5 kg's of good size bay's!! now i wanted to use them for bait but my mate wanted to eat them... Bugger!!
Be good....or Be good at it!!

Harrya
09-04-2002, 02:54 AM
How were the Sand Flys & Mossie
Where is the turn off to the creek?
Harry

Cando
09-04-2002, 03:30 AM
Hi harry, We went by boat.... closes ramp is Donnybrook, head out the northern chanel.... when u get to the yellow becan head north about 300m and u will see the green becan (non flasher) that marks the mouth of glassie creek!!!!! It's shallow at low tide ... So keep a eye out!!
hope this helps ya !!

Randall
13-04-2002, 12:10 PM
Hi Cando, Bomber and I were up that little creek a few weeks back and got a few juvenile bream and flatties. There were heaps of castnetters there that day but not too many prawns playin the game.

Still, I reckon that creek at high tide, or rising tide looks terrific for prawns and Jack.

We will be going there again!!

Regards, Randall.

Cando
14-04-2002, 04:03 AM
Hi Bomber, We when up there again tuesday and got about 2kg's .... we were doing better in the deeper holes (2m-2.5m) just on dark.... all i am using is a 8ft, cheap net.... and i can't cast to save myself :-[ :-[..... WOW on the jack side of thing, there are some horses up the top part of the creek...lots of old timber in the water = lots of lost jacks :P
but great fun all the same ;D... we are going up again sunday so if ya see a white 4m Qunnie runabout thats me !!!

Cando
14-04-2002, 04:08 AM
Opp's sorry i should of said Randall ;)