PDA

View Full Version : Mud overnighter

Lucky_Phill
15-04-2002, 03:28 PM
Headed to Mud from Manly at 3.30pm Sat. Took the big rig this time. No more wet backsides. Went past the eastern side of Mud looking for a mate. He not there but the place was like queenstreet. Around the top to the Western side and there was my mate, in my pozzie. Bugga >:(

Parked the boat in about 5ft of water and sent out the berley. Not much run and the fish were quite. Moved after dark. Found some logs in the water, and with the tide still rising, make the good decision to drop the pick.

Chicken gut is the go here tonight. Bought some fresh from Golden Cockrel on Thursday. If we didn't get a fish , we got snagged. :'(

The quality of the bream was impressive, with the average around 500gms. A couple of tiddlers and 2 Snoggers. Sweetlip and Squire also came aboard. They were coming from 2ft of water.

They went off the bite at 1 hr past high tide. Got 22 1/2 winks of sleep, and moved out to the beacon at day break. Small squire, pike, and rock fish ???

Webby paid us a visit on his way to the top of Mud. G'day Fisherman2. ;) Nice Sweetie Webby ;D

Ended up with 32 bream, sweetlip, squire and bags under the eyes, but I didn't get wet like last time. On the way back, ran over some good ground and " marked " it for next time.

8) ::) :o ;) ;D

Fisherman02
15-04-2002, 03:47 PM
hey phil
yeah just briefly saw ya. Pretty impressive sweetlip webby had there about 4 of them woooo!
cheers jack