PDA

View Full Version : Brissy River night fish

Fitzy
25-04-2002, 07:28 PM
Hit the top of the Brissy river late this arvo with Steve (Ausfish) Brown & keen angler Col Lord. Went thru private property to a rarely fished spot. Got there just on sunset & saw one of Lordy's first casts snaveled by a solid 47 cm bass. It had him bricked in some snags for a bit, but some good rod work got it out into clear water. Several strikes over the next bit (none hooked up tho). As the last bit if light from the sun died, the whole place shut down. Even the mullet & gar went quiet.
Not a cracker except for a tortoise that got foul hooked on a popper.

A great evening to be on the water. Not a breath of breeze & the only noise was farmers pumps & the occasional jet heading for Amberley Airbase, oh yeah & the odd mossie too.

Not a great session, but that's fishin.

Fitz..

MikeC
26-04-2002, 07:34 AM
That sounds great. Fitzy. There's nothing quite like a bit of river bass fishing, especially from the bank, to remind you you're alive. Reminded me of the times back in the 70s when my mate and I used to fish the Tweed and other streams that way. They were great times! Geez - one fish or even one strike could make your day! He once caught one that had to be 55cm at least. Got it on a new Arbogaster of mine, and pulled the rear treble out of the lure! [wish they were still available] But we'd get excited over the tiniest fish.

Mike