PDA

View Full Version : the fishes are biting

Cremated_Reddog
02-09-2001, 08:54 AM
Hi guys, went to church this morning had a wonderful time.Hooked onto a few nice bream well 14 actually between 5.5 -8lb :o on blood worms and a few nice black fish around the 4lb mark. was a nice day for church down this end of the world too. pityy I don't eat the stuff but the neighbours love me. ;D ;D

anyway have a good weekend up there in gods region.

cheers
Reddog :D

Brett_Finger
02-09-2001, 04:13 PM
Red Dog,
Those are big F...Ish !!!! ;Di have not seen a bream over four pounds in twenty years, thay have been floged out in the region i used to fish for them(Bundaberg)great stuff to know the big pricks are still around!!!
Hookin, Brett

Derek Bullock
02-09-2001, 04:36 PM
C'mon Reddog

Where are the photos.

Derek

Luke
03-09-2001, 12:05 AM
Reddog,
Just ckck them scales.Is that a misprint or are you having a shot.

Luke
03-09-2001, 12:07 AM
No offense but you must have 14 trophy's on ya wall

Cremated_Reddog
03-09-2001, 03:06 AM
Luke no trophies on my wall. The reason they are so big is the place would prob be similar to the Jurasic lake only this isn't a lake. we get them in the power station inlet canal. The prob is they (little fishes) get up above the screens and pumps then have no where to go, can't go up and can't get back down so what happens ??? they just get bigger. Your not suppose to fish there as the water runs to fast so they say but the bloody fish are huge. They actually shut the station down once and pumped all the water out of this canal and stuff me like an olive we had every species there was around in trhis canal to walk along and take your pick from, no fishing gear needed just a bag or box to put em in...

And to Drecks Q about pics, when I get a cam I'll get some pics for you.

CuStOmX
06-09-2002, 06:49 AM
So thats how you get them so big walk along a dry lake bed and pick them up at leisure. Thats shame! :P

damons33
06-09-2002, 07:27 AM
hey reddog if those guys at the fisheries caught u fishing their brood tank they'll throw the book at you!i think you're a bit jealous matey,you've got no mangrove jack,threadfin salmon,queenfish,barra,fingermark,trevally(not those runty little silver ones!)black jew and cods.the fish u brag of are considered pests to most queenslanders,so save your little pennies and come up for a holiday u will remember,if u dont end up staying! http://www.ausfish.com.au/chat/images/smilies/cwm30.gif