PDA

View Full Version : Kawana Beach and Intro

gavsgonefishing
17-04-2003, 07:04 AM
I spend the next several months combing the beaches from Caloundra to Mudjimba chasing the sometimes elusive Tailor and Jew (very elusive). This will include a bit of spinning of the rocks and a lot of ground work checking out the formations at low tide etc.

Obsession, yes, relationship tester, definately, but I can't help that the tailor make their run up the coast each year. I cant help that the next several months of social commitments will be planned around the moon and tides and tackle.

If you want I will give an update of the conditions etc on the beaches on a regular basis. I know I am about a month early for the tailor as the water temp is still up there.

There are good high tide holes between Currimundi and Pt Cartwright, some are quite deep closer to Pt Cartwright. Last night I dusted off the bream gear and took some fresh mullet and fished to dusk then changed over to the Tailor outfit. There were a lot of pickers (small dart) up until dark. I caught a pan size flathead and a couple of decent dart, then changed to the Tailor gear with no result.

I plan to fish Thursday night to just past the high tide. I will be leaving the bream gear home and taking the pillies on gangs over dusk for tailor, then changing to the bigger outfit using a slab of mullet.

Goals this season:
One horse Tailor to go
First Jew off the beach.

You just never know..........

fisho
17-04-2003, 01:20 PM
Nice to hear from another Kawana Waters boy - keep trying for those jew - they're out there! ;)

gavsgonefishing
17-04-2003, 05:17 PM
Last year was pretty grim for the jewy, tried a fair bit on Mudjimba beach as the gutters looked good but just didn't hold the fish. Hopefully better luck this year, and on the local beaches.

If this SE doesn't drop off, I wont be doing anything tommorrow night!!!!