PDA

View Full Version : leaping lizard

spike2
05-05-2003, 07:03 PM
the more we fish the more crazy sights we see . this morning my mate and l fished some of our usual gold coast bridges we were just about to have our first cast under lake intrepid bridge when this metre long water dragon fell 4m metres from the bridge above , it just missed landing on our heads and splashed down a little stunned ,before swimming off . it scared the day lights out of us , we managed to recover enough to catch a nice bream before seeking safer territory . our theory is the lizard was after a feed of pidgeon eggs for breakfast and slipped ,either that or he was in training for the up coming reptile olympics , :o ??? ;D
youve just got to luv fishing

CHRIS_aka_GWH
06-05-2003, 03:53 AM
and there I was expecting a pic of the strike from some monster flathead hook on a hexhead while trolling for billfish #;D

chris

clutter
06-05-2003, 06:07 PM
I hear those dragons are a bugger to fillet anyway.

Jack_Lives_Here
07-05-2003, 06:52 AM
They get real cranky when you are trying to pull trebles out of them, after an errant cast that has hit the bank. ;D

Nathan
11-05-2003, 10:46 AM
Those bloody things leap on small poppers that I fish for tarpon when at Noosa. Always manage to get the lure/fly away from them quick smart before they consume it...