PDA

View Full Version : SANDGATE 24/5/03

Fisherman02
25-05-2003, 05:59 PM
hey fellas
not many fisha round sandgate but did get my first squid on my squid jig! Got three to take home in total and now im hooked and going out there tomorrow night
cheers jack

Fisherman02
26-05-2003, 05:45 PM
went out tonight as well another 3 squid mmmmmmm
cheers jack

aquarius
27-05-2003, 04:32 PM
[smiley=smash.gif]Jack tenderising his squid....good onya mate...better increase that catch rate because i want to put in my order for a kilo..MMMMMMMM just love those calamari.
Cheers Brent

Fisherman02
28-05-2003, 03:08 PM
hey brent
yeh mate still learning but now at least i can catch us some fresh squid when we go out next ay
cheers jack

Smellyfish
28-05-2003, 04:08 PM
Hay Jack, well done on the squid mate, i just started to mess around catching them in the broadwater. I got a few the other week. How the heck do you clean the buggers ? It took me almost an hour to clean the outer skin off just one and thought there must be a quicker way or some sort of method to doing it. They tasted great but got to get the whole crumbing thing sorted as well as all my bread crumbs fell off lol :) But tasted great..

Cheers
Matt

jaybee
28-05-2003, 06:07 PM
Hey smelly
After ya pull the head n gut out, get your thumb n forefinger under the flaps, lift and pull away from the body the skin will come off clean.Then stick your finger into the top end and push inside to turn the body inside out so you can give it a good clean. Dont forget to cut the tentacles from the head they cook up really well. Just dust the rings lightly in flour, dip in milk then the breadcrumbs. If the crumbs keep falling off try an egg in the milk. Not all keen on using egg as it holds the cooking oil. bon appetite, you lucky buggers.