PDA

View Full Version : Jumpinpin trip

aquarius
10-06-2003, 12:58 PM
Hi Ausfishers...Just purchased a second hand Haines Signature and today the wife and i headed down the pin as the bay was a bit on the rough side for our first trip in this boat.....must say we were both amazed at how well she performed.....the 90hp mercury got the boat up to 75 kph at 5000rpm.
The motor was a bit on the noisy side but who cares when you are having some fun.
Cruised around for about 2 hours and only used 25 litres of fuel...im impressed!!.
We fished for an hour in Walleys gutter and caught several under size bream...all returned to fight another day.....Boy there sure was a heap of boat traffic on the water....nearly as bad as Queen street mall.
Headed back to the ramp before rush hour started....can't stand this ramp rage stuff!!
Great day out on the water in the boat of my dreams...John Haines sure knows how to put a boat together.
Cheers Brent ;D ;D

mackmauler
10-06-2003, 01:06 PM
good to here it went well Brent, I went to maroon dam and shikes it was cold early got 1 nice bass on a lure for the morning, was a bit like cressbrook...

Hey did you polish that stainless prop, a trip at the pin wouldn't be a pin trip if ya didn't ;D
Rob

aquarius
10-06-2003, 01:11 PM
Hi Rob...yeah mate we polished the prop....low tide is a curse some times..lol ;D ;D ;D ;D
Cheers #Brent
ps..mate its great to have a screen to hide behind..lol

Big_Kev
10-06-2003, 03:40 PM
Brent that thing hauls arse.
Better be careful or the cops will impound it for hooning.LOL
What size prop has it got?

aquarius
10-06-2003, 05:26 PM
Hi Kev...Mate not sure of the prop size(how are they measured) but yes she's got some up and go.....Don't worry about the [smiley=bobby.gif] mate they won't be able to catch up with me..lol ;D
Cheers Brent

Big_Kev
11-06-2003, 05:45 AM
Brent if that is a Quicksilver prop it should have a number stamped on it like 19P. That will be the pitch.
Cheers Kev

jaybee
11-06-2003, 07:44 AM
Sounds great brent, i can see you getting many happy hours out of the new rig , once you start offshore, its like a disease, i also hear someone else is itching to get his feet on ya deck, wonder if he will sleep in. cheers
joe.

bugman
11-06-2003, 09:20 AM
Brent,

I've probably missed it but have you got any photos of the new rig.

Brett

craigie
11-06-2003, 10:19 AM
Hi Brett,
There are Pic's of Brent's rig in the Boating Chat section, look for 'NEED SOME ADVICE' and the shiny new Merc !!! VERY NICE !
Cheers Craig.

aquarius
11-06-2003, 05:24 PM
Kev ive just checked out the stainless prop and its named a MERCURY MARINE LASER 2...20P.
Is this a standard pitch for the 90's?
I reckon i might get 80 kph on a glassy sea at 5500rpm...maximum revs for this motor.
Cheers Brent

Big_Kev
12-06-2003, 06:45 PM
Brent that 20 inch prop is why she goes like a cut snake. I would be very careful playing with the trim at that pace.
Cheers Kev

adamleah
13-06-2003, 04:06 PM
My 1750L with a 115 sits on about 75km/h at 5500rpm ...
the best thing about the signature hulls is that it feels like it could just go and go and go.....
Can't wait till it warms up and can have a ski behind it..

skippa
13-06-2003, 04:59 PM
G'Day Adamleah,

Mate has the 1750L too, damn fine hull pushed along by a 150 Merc.

We were out a few weeks ago on one of those glassed out 'its great to be out on the water days' comin' home from Peel, the hull just neatly trimmed out cruisin' at a smooth 50mph, with still some to spare.....

Damn what a rush!! :D :D :D
Cheers,
Skip 8)